1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Sales go up by 135% since Price Drop"

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Syrian, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Syrian

Syrian Member

Here is something i read:

"This really tells Sony alot, like people are willing to buy a PS3 as long as the price is right. This is a clear indicator that people don't like a $599 price tag on a system that has no games. Sony would have to be really stupid to raise the price back up once the 60GB's are no longer available, that pretty much would be a disaster for Sony. I think they're finally getting their act together and will have the 80GB go down in price to $499..it only makes since. Do you honestly believe that Sony will raise the price again after knowing consumers already rejected that price point. The only reason they won't tell us about the 80GB version dropping in price is because alot of people would wait for that version and they wouldn't sell the 60GB version they need to get out of the market."

I think that they are not telling us their plans for future pricing until the ps3 60gb is sold out because they are going to put the 80gb at 499$ also. I mean, why would people buy the 60gb right now knowing that the 80gb will be same price in the near future? My point exactly. They don't want us to know this already because the 60gb would never get sold out! Everyone would keep waiting for the 80gb to be 499$!

Does anyone agree with me or do you think my theory is wrong and exaggerated? I mean it would be really stupid to bring the price back up to 599 considering the sales went up by 135% since the price drop, therefore making the PS3 community a lot bigger and bringing them a lot more income.

Does anyone agree? or disagree? What should i do? Wait for the 80gb now that i know this?

-JP-
    (information taken from http://www.blasteroids.com/news/news_item.cfm/10476)

Advice and help much appreciated

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Get the 60gb now and you get better backwards compatibility as well as 5 free BluRay movies. The HDD can be upgraded later by you when you can or want IF needed.

3. Syrian

Syrian Member

but i live in quebec so I cant get the 5 free blu ray discs and backwards compability, well i dont have any ps2 games lol. Is it still worth getting right now?

4. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Well what games do you intend to play that are out right now?

5. Syrian

Syrian Member

I am buying the ps3 mainly for Resistance, Call of Duty 4, GTA 4, GT5, Killzone 2 and MGS4

6. Syrian

Syrian Member

because this is basicly the issue: I can oly get the ps3 if it stays 499$ US, or else, i cant get it, and i relly want it, but should i risk it wait and hope that 80gb will be down to 499$ by christmas time?

7. Dake_Karr

Dake_Karr Member

As he said IF you even need the upgrade, you have to realize, that while the 80GB is nice, we're not talking a hundred GB difference here, it's 20 GB's, thats it. This is a phenomenal deal right now seeing as I recall the XBOX 360 PRO System being $400, and the 60GB PS3 is only a hundred dollars more? PLUS 5 Bul Ray Movies, hell yea you should buy it now, who even says the 80GB will go down to 500, more then likely it won't until the Holiday sales are done, and they might sell out again, because face it, hardware is a lot harder to produce then software. Damn all this talk, I might just have to order me one before the deal runs out....

8. Syrian

Syrian Member

You see! its worth it for all of you guys! But gay fusking quebec is excluded of every single deal, the 5 blu ray offer doesn't apply to us, so my question is, is it still worth getting it? without the 5 blu ray discs? I really want those blu-rays...but hey, what can i do, I can't change the law...

9. Dake_Karr

Dake_Karr Member

Oh yeah, just talking with some buddies, and they HAVE successfully installed a sata hard drive on the PS3 formatted it and everything, don't know if that is out of your league, but its extremely simple...

10. Dake_Karr

Dake_Karr Member

Well Canada is a fascinating country what with your health care systems and what not, but thats off topic, honestly couldnt you just have it mailed to a friend or something in the US? And you can purchase it for 500 but dont get the blu rays? Thats pretty silly....

11. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

Syrian, you keep asking if it's worth it and everyone keeps telling you that its worth it. go and buy one already. lol theres no guarantee that sony will drop the 80gb price to $499. so why not but the 60gb now. even if they do drop the 80gb's price, its not like it offers a whole lot more then the current model. just go to the store right now and buy one. :)

12. Dake_Karr

Dake_Karr Member

Yep....and if the trailers for GTA 4 aren't convincing, showing ingame footage of the PS3 version, I dont know what it is....finally this system is gonna start taking off, and I cannot wait, sure the PS2 was expensive(for its time) and started slow but looked what happened to it? And I think he's just trying to convince himself it is ok to spend $500 on a videogame console, I do the same thing when I spend money on anything over 200$, just remember, people are putting together computer systems and paying well over $500 for their processor alone, yet still will never achieve or be able to enjoy the unique console experience that is had with a select few of stellar games....with GTA 4, GT 5, MGS 4, Call of Duty 4, Madden 08 (im sorry but madden is only madden on console), oh ya baby the ps3 is getting there...slowly but its getting there....

13. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Well thats the thing,5 out of those 6 games you want are not even out yet.If I was you I would just wait

14. Dake_Karr

Dake_Karr Member

To each their own...if you got the money ..get it, if not wait or whatever, basically dude, you don't need to worry about what some guys on a forum's opinion are, you know yourself whats best for ya...best of luck...

15. LaPapita

LaPapita Member

listen to us, we know what's best!

You should just go ahead and buy it now. You don't get the five Blu-ray disc right away anyways. Just find someone who lives in the US who is willing to help you out; that is...if you really want the DVD's.

I heard someone mention to you that the 60 gig console will have a better backwards compatibility than the 80 gig console.

You said that you didn't have any PS2 games, so you didn't want it because of that reason.

I suggest you DO get the 60 gig console because it gives you the choice to buy playstation 2 games that might catch your eye.

I don't know, that's just me. I would rather buy a system that lets me do more instead of store more. You could always erase data if you need more of it.

16. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't chance waiting on the 80gb to drop in price. There has been no definitive information/confirmation, so don't pass up on the deal you know IS available now.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  17. Syrian

Syrian Member

alright, you know what guys, ill get it this week, maybe even tomorrow, but i would like to get the 5 free blu ray discs, is it possible to go to Ontario or the US and get it myself? or is it something i have to order, like can I just go into lets say best buy and buy a ps3 and they give me 5 blu rays? or is it something u order online from a special site. I might just tell my friend to order it for me and whenever he gets it, for me to go pick it up and pay him

thx a lot guys, your all amazing help :)
    -JP-

18. rahula

rahula Member

Canada got 5 free Blu-Ray movies offer too. Just click on top of the page for US or Canada version of coupon page.

19. Dake_Karr

Dake_Karr Member

I coulda swear the deal was on gamestop.com, and was online only and only for US citizens, hope im wrong for your sake though syrian

20. samshizze

samshizze Member

Heh Rahula's right.
    http://bluraysavings.com

at the very top theres a button that says "For Canadian offer click here!"