1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by billwebso, Jan 14, 2005.

1. billwebso

billwebso Guest

I was considering adding an additional burner to my comp. I am very happy with the one I have now and would like to add another one. Has anyone had any problems with two of the same burners in the same machine? By same, I mean same manufacturer and model number.

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

You should not have any problem, but you need to get the right cable to hook them up. I would not get a second burner because I think that trying to use both at the same time would be trouble. I may be wrong on this, but it is a lot of info for one cable.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have two different burners in my PC and they work perfectly fine together. I am positive that two of the same Drives would work even better together, but make sure and hook them up on seperate IDE cables.

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Your right, I ran a little test using both of mine at once. Not a problem. Never tried it before. But I do not see the need to have two burners, but then I have been wrong before. ;o)

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I just make 2 backups of some things (like the kids movies) I give the kids one & one stay's downstairs while the original gets put in a safe place, but thats just me :)