1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

same old stuff

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Dank420, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Dank420

Dank420 Guest

Well, obviously im new to this. A buddy of mine came to me after buying a matrix mod chip and a 120 GB Western Digital Caviar HD and asked me to put it in because I mod computers. Now im sorry to say this guys but I own a PS2. So ive never looked into how any of this is done previously. He told me that all I had to do was swap the HD and install the mod chip and it will work(He has to much money so he bought it even though he didnt know what any of it actually did or how it works). So knowing that it wouldnt work because the HD wasnt formatted with a Dashboard I put it all in anyway. Thats the easy part it took about 20 minutes to mount the mod chip and swap the hard drive. I would have to say after taking apart the Xbox it makes me want to own one. Not to mine or your surprize nothing worked. So ive spent the last two days trying to find all the info as possible. The only thing that I think i have done correctly so far is take the mod chip out and programmed it with the EvoXD6.bin file or something along the lines of that. But because i dont have the HD formatted with a compatible dashboard I dont even know if i did that right. So basicly what im looking for is info on what type of files the Dashboard files are and the easiest way to go about swapping out the Hard drive. I read alot about making back up files on the C drive and do this and do that. When none of them say where or how you do that. Is it in a PC or in the Xbox. Do i put the Xbox hard drive in my PC and just put the files on the Hard drive. Or do I make a boot disk. Ive read so many differnt ways to do it that I dont have a clue which is the right way or the safest way. Im not looking for where i can find any files but just any explainations that might help me. I just want to get the job done. Thanks for any help and sorry about the length of the post.

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

SInce it's a brand new harddrive the easiest way is to use an Auto Installer Program to format, partition and install everything you'll need.
    Use either the Team Xavier or Slayer Installer.
    Check your PM's
    RustyDog