1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same questions - Same Answers ???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by EZduzit, Nov 23, 2004.

1. EZduzit

EZduzit Guest

It seems that you all ask the same question about different games. "My this won't work my that won't work" -- the people who know whats up are forced to say the same thing over and over again. GEEZ. How about a different answer to the same question? In my case I have 2 dvd burners and have had plenty of success backing up my PS2 games on Ritek G04 media. I use DVD Decrypter only, burn at 1X always and use Swap Magic to load. Now all of the sudden I am having trouble with Call Of Duty.

It burns fine and loads fine but the audio track is all out of whack and the action locks up about a minute into the first battle sequence.

What I want to know is what casues a back up to lock freeze or skip. It loads but with problems. I use the right data and the right process but the back up it all whack?

Thanks for all your input in advance.

EZ

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Its a possibility that your lens has gotten dirty. How long have you been using swap magic for? I suggest that you clean out your lens and see if that solves the problem.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

also have you tried re-burning your backup, you might of just got a bad burn it happens sometimes

4. 916Prince

916Prince Member

Do you know anybody else with a modded PS2...try working on theirs and you'll know if its your PS2 or you backup...

5. EZduzit

EZduzit Guest

I have been using swap magic for maybe 60 days.

I have tried to backup Call of Duty again and got the same result.

I do not know anyone else locally who uses back ups, so I can not test that.

How do I "clean the lense"?

Thanks!

P.S. Other backups running fine - just Call of Duty giving me problems

6. 916Prince

916Prince Member

Did you put the "fix" on it...a couple people that had trouble playing it had to fix it...

Did you buy it and then make a direct copy or did you download a copy?...if you did download, that's not a good thing to do...if you did a direct copy, then it can be fixed...and you know its a clean copy...

7. 916Prince

916Prince Member

It's a tricky business for some...this backing up process...

8. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Oh well if all your other backups work fine then i doubt i is the laser. Its just a suggestion, and its always good to have a clean laser. If you wanna clean your laser first you must find uot what ps2 version you have. If you have a v9/10 then it will be easier to disassemble. Just flip your ps2 so the bottom is facing up. Then remove the plastic/rubber coverings for the screw and unscrew the case. Then flip your ps2 around again so that the top is facing you again and very carefully lift the top cover because the reset/eject ribbon cable is attached to it unless you have a v9/10 then your home free. There are guides that explain how to disassemble your ps2. Heres a link for lens cleaning.

http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm

remember: use rubbing alcohol(isopropyl)

9. EZduzit

EZduzit Guest

Prince - what "fix" -- and does this apply to any other games as well?

10. 916Prince

916Prince Member

It was on PS2Ownz...I'm not exactly sure though...some people got the game working without the patch...I believe there are two patches, one that makes the game playable online, a DNAS patch and another patch that I beleive you need...the non DVDRick one...

11. EZduzit

EZduzit Guest

12. viper900

viper900 Member