1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samesung CD Drive Errors

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by stan789, Mar 14, 2007.

1. stan789

stan789 Member

Hello I gave my cousin a computer last year and both the cd drives were broke in them.I go up to where she lives every 4 months, thought it would be a good gift. so i got from my friends old tower that they were throwing away,A Samsung Cd Drive.So when i put it in my other tower, to try it out it said in the my computer CD ROM so i know it cant burn cds but it wont even play cds i dont know if it will even run software.it works,like when i put a cd in it will show the cd and the tracks will come up in real player & windows media player but when i go to play them they dont play the player freezes because the drive wont read it. Its a older cd rom drive i this its a :Samsung CD-master 40 E Model SC-140
    The year on it says APRIL 1999.Any help is needed also with what to do im not very good at computers so please explain whats wrong and how to fix it.Maybe its something im doing i dont know it would just be nice if it could read music cds
    PS i tried burned and bought cds still wont play?:(
    Also it says 40x max in the front

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

it could be that your drive is old. but you can try going to your manufactures site and look for the model that you have and download some firmware updates. also when your searching make sure its the "exact" same model number. ok it has to be exactly the same because if its not the same and you give your drive different firmware update chances are it will no longer work.

3. stan789

stan789 Member

thanks for the help.By The Way What is Firmwire

4. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

it just updates the chipset on your drive.

5. stan789

stan789 Member