1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung blu ray or Denon

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dukhnt, Aug 14, 2007.

1. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Just wondering if I should get a Samsung blu ray, or a Denon 1930CI for a DVD player. I "MAY" buy like one or two blu ray dvd's a year,..if that. For the most part I will be playing -R format DVD's on the player. Im not sure the samsung 1000 is worth the money since i really wont be utilizing the blu ray portion of it....again, if i wanted to, it would be an option.

What do u guys think?

2. JVC

JVC Active member

You might want to get a ps3, as your Blu ray player. Everyone says they're great! And they do so much more, than just play movies!

3. error5

error5 Regular member

If you don't have an HDTV then the 1930CI will do since it's only a progressive scan player and you won't benefit from upscaling.

If you have an HDTV and you don't really plan on buying too many BD's then you should consider the 1940CI since it can upscale to 1080p. If cost is a factor then consider the Oppo 980 or 981.

If you have an HDTV and if you absolutely must have a BluRay player then I would suggest waiting 2 more months for the 1.1 compliant players to come out.

4. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Yikes,..im glad i asked. I do have an HDTV...and i thought the 1930 would do what i needed. Ill go take a look at the 1940's right now. Thanks so much!! I dont think ill ever buy enough blu rays to make it worth it. And another thought, like JVC said, before i start buying blu rays, ill most likely have a PS3