1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung combo CD-RW& DVD ROM

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mai, Jan 29, 2003.

1. mai

mai Guest

Its my new cd writer,SM 332B (32X10X40X12X).Everything is fine for writing on CD-R or reading CD & DVD, But the writer unable to detect CD-RW. The message "drive empty" or "Please insert CD-RW" will appear everytime I tried to format a blank CD-RW using nero INCD. I've tried so many time with different CD-RW but its still the same.
    Is it problem with INCD program or writer itself.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm not an expert in this stuff, I'm sorry, but for what I was told, all programs that make you use CD-RW as Hard drives (Direct CD, INCD and so on) are crap. Usually ther cause conflicts between drivers.
    I would never suggest to install such stuff.

Hope someone can help you more ...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  3. mai

mai Guest

Well... now I found my writer able to detect formated CD-RW, burning and reformat but its still can't detect a blank CD-RW.How can I format the blank CD-RW. Is there any type of formated CD-RW available.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Just a question... if you select 'Recorder--->Medium Info' (CTRL+I) on Nero what does it show?

5. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

I've had some problems with InCD as well.

The latest version works better, but you might have to eject and reinsert the media a few times in order for it to be recognized.

6. mai

mai Guest

First-With blank formated CD-RW,medium info:
    Blank CD-Rewritable
    Total Capacity: 00:00:00 0MB
    Available Capacity: 74:48:01 657MB
    and the message is "the medium is empty"

Second-With blank CD-RW,medium info:
    Just a message "no medium inserted or drive not ready,please try again"

FYI, I've been tried a few time but it still can't recornize the disk

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Some of your RW's are high speed (CD-RW HS) and your burner doesn't support them?

8. HCl

HCl Guest

I think its drive thats the problem. I have a Samsung CD Writer as well, and after a 'drive hang', which I believe damaged the optical pickup unit, it has been unable to read CD-RWs. From what I see, low reflectivity of CD-RWs + damaged/faulty optical unit would give rise to such a problem. Think I'm gonna get another non-Samsung burner soon.