1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung d500

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by compact, Mar 1, 2005.

1. compact

compact Regular member

I have had many phones in the past from the excellent Sony J5 (long and thin) with the very good jog wheel, to some awful Siemens phones that were cheap and good for taking camping.

At the moment my latest is the Samsung d500. The shiny black slide phone with 1.3 camera.

I often defend other phone companies against Nokia lovers, but this just fires the nails into the coffin.

Samsung seem to have the policy of why take 1 step to do something when 5 will do.

It has so many annoying features it is unbelieveable, such as putting the punctuation marks being several steps away in thier own popup menu and always loosing the predicitive type if you do anything.

I would be interested to hear any views from other users

2. stewbz

stewbz Member

i agree that it as got its down point but it is one sexy phone and the bit about the predicted text i hate that too lol but it is the best samsung phone eva (so far anyways)

3. footman

footman Member

I have to admit, the D500 is a nice looking phone, I have the grey/silver one. As mentioned, it does have a few annoying features.

1)The camera has no zoom facility when operating at max resolution.
    2) If you are used to a Nokia then the space bar is in the wrong place. This results in you typing a load of rubbish, as you press the + key instead of the space.
    3) As mentioned in the previous post, sometimes you have to go through 4 or 5 menus in order to perform a simple task.
    4) The damn predictive text keeps turning itself off.

I just don't think you can beat a Nokia for ease of use and user friendliness. They just need to produce a few nicer looking phones!

4. harber321

harber321 Member

the samsung d500 is a sexy, stylish phone and the only problem that i have had like above is the predictive texting otherwise its the best phone that i have ever seen or used.
    if you want this fone for £20 use the link below then quote the referal number below it when you get to the order page.
    http://www.mobiles4all.com
    referall number =34001892

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  5. footman

footman Member

Why pay £20 for a phone when you can get it for free. Most phone shops will give you the phone for free on a fairly low tarrif.

I pre ordered mine and didn't pay anything. I pay £25 a month with 200 free text and 200 minutes anytime.

6. fsfd1

fsfd1 Member

yeah i have a d500 grey and silever one its wicked got it in december and had no problems upto now

7. rj21

rj21 Regular member

there are some good things about this phone ......... will post back when i figue them out :)