1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung drive help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jdos, Mar 16, 2007.

1. jdos

jdos Member

After much struggling with my Hitachi drive I decided to buy a Samsung which I was told that was the best, but before I spend some hard earned money I would like to know a few things. Is there different types of samsung drives or is there only the TS-H943? With what firmware will I be able to play all type of backups, I mean XBOX 360 and XBOX which are burned in a normal DVD-5, just as an XBOX 1 game?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

use xtreme 5.2 and there is only one samsung, and you can use single layer dvds with the newest extreme firmware (5.2) but the only game i could get to work is halo 2. all other games must be on dual layers

3. theridges

theridges Guest

there is only one samsung but 2 rom versions the ms25 and the ms28...

and there are multiple other games online that are on single layer discs from the original xbox....

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

oh i know that, i was just saying the only one that I could get to work was halo 2, i dont try to pirate games, and my modded xbox crapped out on me so until i can get a modchip i cant fix it, so halo 2 was all that i could get to work only because i still have a backup of it.