1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Drive reading SSSLLLOOOWWW

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by guido28, Jan 9, 2007.

1. guido28

guido28 Member

Have a new TSST Corp SH-D162C (Samsung) drive pre-flashed with Kreon .81.

Damn thing reads like a snail and is a resource hog. Is there a setting to adjust or what do i do with schtrom or xbox backup creator to read faster. I have tried to adjust settings in schtrom but it seems to default back. Anyone have this problem?

2. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

yea, i had the same problem with schrom, and i still cant get a correct backup with schrom or xbc. Let me know if you get it working, and ill do the same.

3. guido28

guido28 Member

I fixed it. Make sure your drive is set in device properties / ide controllers / dma if available. If it is set to PIO it will hog up processor resources and slow down drive speed. I had to do a number of reg edits to enable dma on that drive but now have no problem. Concerning other issue i am using both schtrom and xbox backup creator and have been successful on both. Just do a search on the site to follow correct settings and also do a google search on how to set drive to dma instead of PIO.