1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung DVD-HD841 no picture with components

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by JaguarGod, Apr 29, 2007.

1. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I am getting a weird problem with my Samsung DVD Player. It used to work perfect, but now, it does not show a picture when I use the component output. This is on my Sharp Aquas. On my Sony XBR2, it shows a distorted picture that scrolls from left to right.

Any ideas as to why this has happened?

If it helps, I played a PAL DVD on this player. It was Region 0 though. The PAL DVD worked on the RCA output, but not on anything else. Now, no DVDs work on the Component output.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  2. killalot

killalot Active member

In the DVD players setup have you selected component as the picture preference display? Some players don’t need you to do it but some do just a thought.and make sure picture playback is auto for pal/ntsc

3. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I will look for the component preference option tonight.

Where do you set the pal/ntsc playback?

This is a US DVD Player. Is there a way that playing a PAL DVD can do some type of physical damage to a US DVD Player?

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Playing a pal DVD won’t cause any damage to your player pal is just less resolution then a NTSC DVD pal is so many lines on the vertical and the horizontal less then NTSC if your player set up isn’t set correct the picture will wobble and be distorted if you Google it your find what the resolution is cant remember of the top of my head your TV must be able to play a pal single as well but like you said The PAL DVD worked on the RCA output so looks like your TV can play a pal signal to set the pal/NTSC play back it will be in the players set up somewhere

5. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

OK, thanks! I will have to get into the settings then cause I don't get it. Maybe playing the PAL DVD changed some setting...

My TV can switch between PAL, SECAM, and a few different NTSC modes.

Hopefully I can get it straightened out. I'll post again in a few days.

6. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Sorry for taking so long, but so far I am still having no luck. Customer support didn't help either. They did tell me that it could display up to 525i. Do you think this is what is causing the problem? If so, does anyone know how to change the resolution on this DVD player?