1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LN32D403 video playback

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by xM0RGUEx, Nov 27, 2011.

1. xM0RGUEx

xM0RGUEx Regular member

Hi guys, I am new to this forum as I usually post in the xbox 360 section. I just picked up this samsung lcd tv on black friday and am really happy with it. The only thing that i dont like is the fact that it doesnt have video playback. When I go to media play through my usb, I only get the options of "photos" or "music." This perplexes me because i have another 46" samsung lcd tv that allows me to choose the option "movies." Is there any way i can install the firmware from the 46" to my 32"? Is there a custom firmware out there that allows me to play videos?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I wouldn't install the firmware from one TV to a different one. Even if you were able to, you could screw it up, or would have to convert back to factory settings/firmware. This model doesn't seem to support Video playback through USB, only Music and Pictures. The latest update doesn't add video support, only SD picture improvement. I would definitely install firmware updates when they are released anyways. Here's the link for your model (just click on firmware next to manuals): http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/...XZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support

What model is your 46 incher if you don't mind me asking?

Also if you?re really keen on playing Video through USB on your D403 it's not the end of the world. An even better solution than playing off your TV would be to buy a media player, such as the WD TV Live (new 2011 model), You'll get better performance, be able to playback a lot more file formats, and it's not that expensive too, only around $100, considering what it can do and it?s major improved performance over past models. Might be a good idea to pickup/order on boxing day for cheap.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=6ee3b296f55074ada8fdb8633facc481en02