1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung ms 25 28 flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by momhoener, Dec 2, 2007.

1. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Ok lets start to say that I have a VIA 6421a pci sata card. I have flashed 2 Hitachi's but now I want to learn about samsungs. So far I have collected that Im most likely to use Iprep. then the two commands to make your ixtreme firmware then flash it. Is that all I have to do? I have been hearing of this 0800 disc to unlock the drive is that needed? also when doing a bad flash recovery method for flashing a ms28 all i do is turn the 360 off for 10 seconds right? I'm asking just to make sure I have my facts straight. If theres anything else that needs to be done just please let me know and if I have anything wrong please help me fix it. Thanks Matt

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

3. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

you dont need 0800 disc mate.
    use i prep.
    when in dos, attatch your sata cable to samsung drive.
    enter the command and serial number
    if its the ms28 your flashing
    turn off the drive.
    select the port your card is, count to ten then turn on the 360 drive.
    It should start dumping the firmware.
    You have all your facts right mate except the 0800 disc thats not needed anymore.
    good luck.

4. tcs614

tcs614 Member

if you want to make your own backups u'll need to flash it to xtrm0800.bin and use xbox backup creator to make your backups

otherwise if u just want to flash it to play backups use iprep with ixtreme1.2revC firmware and do what the dude above told u to do.

There is an updated ixtreme1.3 firware, but i heard it sometimes has problems reading discs, and i have 1.2 and have never had a problem with it so i think u should go with 1.2revC

5. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Hey thanks for the answers. They are so easy to flash now arn't they. May be even easier then flashing my 59dj drive. A huge thanks to all the creators of Iprep and of course C4eva for the firmware.