1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung ms25 Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by BabyCryer, Feb 28, 2007.

1. BabyCryer

BabyCryer Member

I have flash this exact samsung using mtkflash floppy disk sucessfully. Now when I try to flash it again and i try to select my master I get Port: fe00, master /slave:a0. Does anyone know whats up? Please help this is fustrating.

2. elmunkee

elmunkee Regular member

Hi Babycryer...I had the exact same problem. I have and abit an8 mobo with inbuilt nvidia sata ports...when i tried to flash using them i got the error you are getting. My best suggestion would be to buy an PCI sata card with the VIA 6421 chipset....This solved the problem for me :)

hope this helps

el munkee

3. BabyCryer

BabyCryer Member

but this never happened to me and i've done several samsungs and hitachi's with that sata port. what does that message mean?

4. elmunkee

elmunkee Regular member

Im not sure what it means...i must have posted aroung 50 messages on various forums tryin to figure it out...but no1 knew. I think (in my opinion) it could be the floopy drive....attempt using a usb drive to flash an see what happens

el munkee

5. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Make sure to put it into enable0800 mode and then flash.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

why would you use the enable0800? is that a ms25 thing?

7. cearel

cearel Guest

you dont have to have it in 800 mode you can get the error from a couple dif things if u get the wrong firmware file be sure that it is hex edited for you chip set and that ur x360sam and key check have been updated

8. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

If you flashed it with 4.x firmware, and your trying to flash it again, your gonna need to put it into 0800 mode to bypass the lockout. Once MS25 are flashed with 4.x firmware they are basically MS28's

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

This is true. Xtreme 4.0 and up implements Firmguard. Once flashed, if you want to reflash, you'll need to put the drive in 0800 mode first.

10. cearel

cearel Guest

oh i c what you sry i mis understood what you were saying thought u were just another noob read something one lol

11. BabyCryer

BabyCryer Member

You guys are correct. Prime example wht reading is fundamental. It clearly said if it was flashed with 4.0 or greater you need to use enable 0800 to flash it.So elmunkee you wern't wrong just that I didn't provide that info about already having 4.1 in my xbox. Sorry guys, but another example to people that post with out all the details. Thanks again guys. BTW I was able to flash it 5.2b.

12. cearel

cearel Guest

Good to hear *cheers*