1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung or Hitachi? Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rrmj24, Nov 18, 2007.

1. rrmj24

rrmj24 Member

Hi, guys.

I'm new to this forum and it's my first time posting on this forum. I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out.

Here's the situation. I have a Hitachi 78fk and wanted to buy the X360USB, but I understand that it's not supported for 78fk drives. Now if i do buy the X360usb from Team Xecutor, then i'll buy either a Hitachi 47-59 which is compatible with Hitachi models 47-59. I can also buy the Samsung TS-H943 model Ms25 not supported with X360usb.

The problem is that i don't want to use an SATA card or chipset and go through that hassle. I already have a SATA to USB adaptor and I have the external Molex power adapter. I also have the SH-162C DVD Rom drive to read Xbox 360 games and I have a Pioneer DVD burner with the booksetting automatically put to DVD-ROm.

Can I use the SATA to USB adapter with the Samsung if i use the 360 Connectivity Kit v2?
    If not, then can I use the 360 Connectivity Kit v2 with Hitachi 78fk, SATA to USB adaptor, and External Molex Power adaptor?
    If not, then i'll just buy any of the following Hitachi models 47-59 that is compatible with the X360usb.

I've had my Xbox 360 Hitachi 78fk firmware flashed already from a friend, but I don't know with what firmware. I was able to play most of the older games that were backed up, but for some reason i'm having issues playing newer games like Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 which gives me a "dirty disc error or unreadable disc" even though there's no scratches or dirt on the discs. Call of Duty 4 freezes and doesn't even go to the main menu. When trying to play the single player mission, it would play the cut-scenes and everything, but then gives me the "disc unreadable error" and can't play the single player mission sad.gif

Does it have to do with an older firmware and i need to upgrade or does the Hitachi 78fk models have problems reading newer games?

It's a long message, but i would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I had a SATA to USB Adapter that I bought on ebay, and it didn't work for the Flashing Process! You would be better off just getting a SATA Card for your Computer! ONE: It's cheaper and TWO: It's easy to use! I think the way you want to do is, is going to be more of a Hassle!

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member