1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SH-D162C 360 Ripping Probs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bigal344, Apr 27, 2007.

1. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Can someone help me out with what is probably a very stupid/simple problem, i've just installed a Samsung SH-D162C DVD-ROM drive flashed with Kreon 8.1 firmware, and have tried then using Schtrom V3.2 to extract and it won't recognise the 360 disc in the drive XBOX360(D:).
    Do i need to alter any settings on Schtrom??
    Or have i ignored something else blindingly obvious????

2. Kblake

Kblake Member

Use XBC 2.4. Had this same problem.

3. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Got rid of XBC 2.5 and downloaded 2.4, still the same i'm afraid, neither schtrom or XBC 2.4/2.5 will recognise the 360 disc, i've tried more than one an all.
    Has anyone got any ideas on what i'm doing wrong, or that i've got set up wrong????

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

i dont know the exact cause but best thing is to do is run through ur set up when u installed ur sammy into ur comp did u set it to slave or master if u have more than one drive one needds to be slavve and the other master make sure uve done that first
    next try re flashing the sammy drive with kreon

5. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

with back up creator have u clicked on unlock drive make sure u do with back up creator
    other wise ive never really used schtrom but its meant to be easy

6. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Thanks everyone, will try the above tomoro, as far as i know my sammy is set as the master and pioneer 111 is the slave, will check though.

7. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Well, i've tried unlocking the drive on Xbox backup creator, still alot of the buttons are greyed out!!!
    And Schtrom still keeps saying 'No Valid Xbox game in drive'.
    I have also changed the position of the drives and switched them between master and slave.
    I have re-flashed the drive again with Kreon V0.81.
    Nothing!!
    Has anyone got any ideas????
    Finally, this may sound stupid but am i correct in thinking that all i had to do with the SH-D162C drive is to connect it up to the IDE cable and power cable as per a normal drive replacement??

8. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

yeh u do it as just installing any new drive to ur pc
    when u open xbox back up creator r u making sure that ur choosing the sammy drive flashed with kreon and not ur normal drive
    in xbox creator at the op or read click the arrow so you can choose ur sammy drive flashed with kreon and then click on unlock drive twice

9. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

try a different game t back up if this doesnt work well then
    whenu put in a game into ur sammy drive flashed with kreon and go to my computer andcheck next to the sammy drive flashed with kreon if it has recognised the game it should show something like this (XBOX360 D) or along the lines of that if it hasnt then ur sammy drive is not reading the game right which could mean it has a problem with it if it showing up in my computer that a game has been loaded into the drive then it could be that the game is scratched or anything really
    talk us through everything u do form when u first put the game in

10. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Firstly cheers for the reply,i appreciate the help.
    Right, when i put the 360 disc (FIFA 06 in this case) in my sammy and then check in my computer it shows the DVD symbol and reads XBOX360 (D:) , so all ok there.
    When i open up XBC 2.5, i've checked that drive D: TSST corp DVD-ROM SH-D162C TS04 is selected.
    Then i've gone to drive tools and clicked on UNLOCK DRIVE and it tells me that 'The Drive seems to be unlocked already Capacity 6.87MB'
    But under read anything selectable i.e START and CANCEL are greyed out.

I have also tried XBC 2.4 with the same results.

When i try and use Schtrom v3.2,again i ensure that D: TSST corp DVD-ROM SH-D162C TS04 Kreon V0.81 is selected, set my image path to the correct folder that i want the resulting image saved to.
    The TASK is set to 'whole disc (stealth extreme 3.0), and when i hit EXTRACT pops up with an error box out telling me that 'No valid XBOX disc in drive!'.

Any help on sorting this out would be gratefully received as its driving me mental!!

11. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Well after spending some time checking everything that has kindly been pointed out above, then looking at region settings and checking drivers etc etc etc...but finding nothing wrong, and i might add, changing nothing XBC has decided to recognise and successfully burn 2 backups, image and dvd files!!!
    So thanks everyone, especially immy, for your help and advice, i know where to come next time!!!