1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung sh-d162c what's kreon firmware .081

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by biglospim, Feb 8, 2007.

1. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Hi I just got a samsung sh-d162c off ebay and it was suppose to be brand new in the box with all the original contents including kreon firmware .81 or whatever.

First of all it was not brand new in the box and all I got was the drive itself and the user's guide. I was wondering if anyone bought this item brand new and if I got everything I should have. Should I have got some wires or a disc or anything else.

And what is this Kreon firmware .81 is that a disc I should have got or is that automatically built in to the drive or something like that.

Thanks A Lot Guys !!

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

all the bulk purchase NEW drives are bought in cases of 10 that I know of. When they break down the case and sell them you get a drive in a baggie with a manual. No fancy boxes, wires or anything because you dont need that to install them. What wires are you needing?

3. navsav

navsav Regular member

Yes I got mine the same way - they come in bulk so the seller just send the bare drive. Also ebay I heard has pulled some listings for people who actually sell them flashed. you should have the ide cables in your computer which would have connected your old drive.

If you want to send me a PM with your email i can send you the kreon firmware as an attachment.

Its really easy to use and you will be happy you go thtis drive.

4. biglospim

biglospim Guest

That's what the seller just told me about it being bulk and they said it was pre-flashed or something, but how can I tell if it really is?

So anyways thanks for confirming that for me guys, but I just copied my game to my computer and when I tried to copy it to a dual layer disc it said writing failed and I'm pretty sure I just wasted an expensive dual layer disc. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it so I don't have to waste anymore discs.
    I'm using XBC to read and write because dvd decrypter didn't work and verbatim dual layer +R.

Thanks again guys !!

5. sourD

sourD Regular member

How can you tell if it is? Plug your purchase in buddy and see what you bought. With all respect are you asking someone on this board to call you dvd drive and ask it what it is?

6. sourD

sourD Regular member

Ive had great luck burning with slysoft clone cd. not one coaster out of 15. Just make sure to keep the speed at 2.4x. If it ripped your drive is working great

7. biglospim

biglospim Guest

Why you talk to DVD players?, maybe you can talk to mine and ask it what it's problem is. But as far as finding out if it has been pre-flashed I found out by when I used Xbox Backup Creator and it says the Drive and underneath it says additional information: xbox 360 kreon.81, SO thanks anyway Sourdick!!

I can't use the CD clone because neither of the files are an image file I guess. I pick write from image then browse and I go to the folder and nothing is there. so I don't know.

8. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I don't think I actually got a coaster yet, because the disc is still empty, so I don't think it actually recorded anything on the disc is just spits out after it buffers or something. I can still use it so I'm assuming it is ok.

I have a dual layer drive but I don't know if just anyone is going to cut it? I might have to get that pioneer 111 now or something cuz I don't know what the problem is?

9. classfour

classfour Member

I've purchased a flashed samsung, and can only say this
    thread works.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/456954

Be certain to use quality media: I only use Taiyo Yuden's

I did test with imgburn, and alcohol 120% on an NEC 3520
    at 6X and 4X - both played on a softmodded x-box

10. Shmokone

Shmokone Member

After alot of searching i have failed to find Kreons .81 firmware for the SHD-162c. I was going to start a new topic but i thought id save space and post here. I would appreciate it if someone would email me it to Your.mothers.Pimp@Gmail.com, Thanks in advance.

11. Shmokone

Shmokone Member

Sorry about the email address in the prior post. I wasnt aware and cant edit :(. So if a mod would edit that please. Ill save you all the trouble i know im an idiot.

12. killalot

killalot Active member

13. mpotter2

mpotter2 Member

Hi, i recently bought a Samsung SH 162C.... but the bastard didnt include the kreons .081 firmware with it.

could someone help me out, cause ive been trying to search for it online, but its like finding a needle in a haystack.

thanks.

14. backup

backup Guest

copy and paste the text in your search bar

on ultimate-dvdr.com i added a thread called 360 tools it is there

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007