1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SH-D162C xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by london82, Jul 1, 2007.

1. london82

london82 Member

hi just got a question for all you smart ppl out there.

if i buy a Samsung SH-D162C drive, can i install it directly in my pc, and then just flash the drive with kreon firmware.

will this allow me to read xbox games directly from my pc.

please your help is needed.

2. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I have the same drive and that's the exact way it's done. Install it inside your PC, download the Kreon firmware (from Xbins or wherever else you can find it) and update your drive with it. That's it, you're done..then just pop an Xbox 1 or Xbox 360 game in the drive and use "Schtrom360Xtract v3.2" to rip the game as an image file to your computer then burn the image file using a free program like Imgburn(http://www.imgburn.com/). That simple!!

3. london82

london82 Member

hi thnxs for the info thats what i am going to do, just 1 more thing do u know where i can get a cheap Samsung SH-D162C drive, they are way expensive on ebay

4. london82

london82 Member

also will this drive allow me to rip and burn xbox 360 games

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

this drive will only allow you to rip the game to your pc, it is a reader not a burner, so you will still need the dvd burner of your choice. people using lg, pioneer...etc. and ebay is your best bet, probably $50 shipped. you even ask the seller to pre-flash with kreon.

6. fgamer

fgamer Guest

They're only $50 USD on ebay (I don't think you'll find em much cheaper at any other place to be honest)..that's not that expensive compared to how usefull the drive is at making stealth Xbox & 360 backups. The Samsung SH-D162C drive is only a READER, NOT a burner. You'll need an additional DVD BURNER inside your PC so you can burn the game backup to a DVD+R DL blank disk. A quick recap, you can only rip the game using the "Samsung SH-D162C drive" NOT burn. You'll need some blank Verbatim DVD+R DL disk for when you're ready to burn the game file(s). Last but not least you'll need a DVD Burner capable of burning blank dual layer disk (also refered to as DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL) most burners cost around $30 USD. That's all the info you need to know on your 360 game ripping journey...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2007