1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Writemaster HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by GodShaped, May 28, 2007.

1. GodShaped

GodShaped Member

So i bought a Writemaster SE-S184M today to replace my crappy internal that dell ships with. It worked great for about 3 discs (dvds) and then I started having issues. It started when I tried to burn a CDR in ITunes. I had a blank disc in there and it kept opening the tray and telling me to put in a blank disc. I finally got it to burn and then went back to burning DVDs. Now i can put a blank disc in and nothing happens. It doesnt see it. After an hour of playing with it and managing to burn 3 dvds, I then tried to put the disc that came with it into the drive and it wouldnt read it either! I have been looking for a driver to install to replace the 2006 MS driver thats on there now. Can't find it. I run Vista Ultimate 32bit, and it installed the drive as a SH-S182M. Can't find that driver either. I updated the firmware to sb04.

Any ideas???

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

many people don't like thread title with HEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!! in them. It's like you're shouting in our faces.

Sounds like it might be defective.

Last edited: May 31, 2007