1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung YP-U2JZW/XAA issue

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Khabarakh, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Khabarakh

Khabarakh Regular member

I have a Samsung mp3 player and its making my life hell. It was perfectly fine then, one day, I put it in the computer and it says MTP Connected, then "USB disconnected" and charging, then "Do not disconnect", then it automatically disconects. All this happens within 10 seconds, and if you leave it in, it will repeat forever. I suspect there might be usb damage. Any advice?

2. masondon

masondon Member

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue. Thanks in advance.

3. brucemc

brucemc Member

Finally...

The idiots at Samsung should all have enemas.

Go to the Samsung Australia site and then to PRODUCTS and then the MP3 player section. Now go to the obsolete (I think they call it "Archived MP3 Players") area and go to the U2 series. Select "Firmware" in the download area towards the right side of your screen. I dld'd the 2.211 version. Unzip that into a directory and run it to install onto your computer the update program. Go into your devices area (Control Panel:System:Hardware:Device Manager) and look for anything like "auxillary storage device" or the like that does not belong (I am sorry, but I have to trust you to pick off the right entry if it exitsts without much more help here...). Now pretty much as a user wrote at the NewEgg site, turn that stupid thing on (the MP3 player) and I held down the "play" button (top, right) while holding in the reset with a paperclip, release the reset keeping the Play held in. If it does not recognize a new USB device to configure soon, let go of the button. With a little luck your system will install an auxillary storage device. Now it probably will spaz out again like before...

OK, now with it still convulsing, run the installation program you downloaded and installed, and select to format the data area. You might be instructed to unplug the unit and plug it back in or some other song and dance; just do it. Once it finalizes, which is pretty quick, it should no longer be the piece of garbage they sent to you, but a very nice MP3 player that is recognized by Windows Explorer so you can transfer files onto it as you wish.

I have yet to attempt multiple reconnects, but as I made it this far, I wanted to advise ASAP.

All the Samsung employees in the MP3 area should still get an enema. Maybe several. They are way too full of........

4. mewuvya

mewuvya Member

First of thank you for the help bruciemc. My stupid MP3 is now being stupider than before. I pluged it in to the computer and it says USB Connected and then it'll just charge. It wont download onto the computer though. I tried reinstalling the MP3 but i havent been able to figure anything out yet. Does anyone have the same problem?