1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Andreas Bombout

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by johnstar, Nov 18, 2004.

1. johnstar

johnstar Member

Hello everyone, after getting a fair way into GTA SA (around 17% complete) i have found out that my copy which is a Ritek GO5 disc using DVD Decrypter, after playing flawlessly for a long time now cuts out whenever you try to attempt another mission.

Now this just seems really strange to me as wherever you go in the game sooner rather than later the disc will either stop spinning or come up with a read error.

So i think Rockstar have put an unreadable code into the game whereby only if you have the Original disc will it allow you to continue & as i have never had any probs with GO5 discs this must be the reason.

2. mad89

mad89 Member

i dont think that rockstar have put a code on the game, or anything of the sort...

i have a backed up copy of gta san andreas on a princo a grade dvd-r disc and am about 50% through the game and all is well...

try reburning the game and see how u go... i think u may just simply have a bad copy, due to either a bad disc, or your recording methods...

who knows, but it is definately not rockstar putting a code on or something...

try redoing it and see how you go, if any other questions, post back on this thread

3. johnstar

johnstar Member

Thanks mad89 those Princo A Grade discs must be pretty good then i will give them a go. I am using Swap Magic to boot up which may differ from what you use but i shall try again and hopefully all will be well.

4. mad89

mad89 Member

hey no worries johnstar, thats wot the service is for, to help eachother out.

i have a v5 ps2 with a messiah autoboot chip fitted, and like i said mine works fine on an a grade princo dvd-r... (dvd minus r)

if u have any hassles try redoing it using these steps: (this is how i got mine to work)

1. dvd decrypter, iso > read
    2. insert a grade princo dvd-r (not printable, discs with writing on them)
    3. select 1x speed, dvd decrypter, iso > write
    4. play game

see how u go with them steps, they are exactly wot i did and mine works fine...

try them and post back!

glad to help out

P.S. edited for typo

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004