1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

san andreas disk read error

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by dvr, Nov 15, 2004.

1. dvr

dvr Member

hi iam using swap magic to play san andreas it loads alright and after the loading screen it says error reading gta san andreas plz help.i have tried the cd loader as well

2. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

GTA SA should play fine with just the swap magic DVD. Use DVD Decryptor to backup and to burn to DVD-R at the slowest speed possible. I used Ritek G04 media and burned at 2X speed. I have been playing backup of this game last couple of days without any problems. I also did a laser calibration on my V1 PS2 because it would not read any original PS2 games. It reads everything now.

3. dvr

dvr Member

i have tried the swap magic dvd it plays ok for a while then it says error reading gta san andreas disk
    thank you

4. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

Sounds like a problem with either the media you are using or the PS2 laser not being able to read the media correctly. Clean the laser on your PS2 or do the laser calibration. Also try it on a friend's PS2 to see if you get this problem.