1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

san andreas graphical gliches

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MSTFreak, Dec 8, 2004.

1. MSTFreak

MSTFreak Member

hey everyone, i burned san andreas on a memorex DVD-R with my nec ND-3500A at 2x and it burned fine. but all though it runs fine, I'm having issues with long loading times and graphical glitches. i am using swap magic with a slide tool and it seems that when i enter a new area it doesnt load fast enough and either the textures are terrible or you could see through them.

what do you guys think? is it a bad burn, the ps2 or what? im short on dvds so if anyone could give me a quick fix it would be great.

i should also mention that my PS2 is a piece of old $hit that i got for free.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

using memorex dvd-r doesn't help.

3. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

Probably try burning at 1x, it takes shitlong to burn if the game is big but uno, burn it once and when you play it you wont have crap load times.
    I dont know if you can get these where I am, but apparently Riteks are good, try these.

4. 916Prince

916Prince Member

LOL!!! That is the game...

It loads the hi-res...or higher than the other textures...when you get close enough to notice...sadly, it very noticeable when you drive really really fast and then slam the breaks on or crash...

Though the see through textures isn't the game...

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

The game is still playable, I have it on 2nd class media optodiscr04, it plays with long loading and graphics disappering. It doesn't work when I burnt it on TDKTTG02(1st class media) it gets to the first loading screen and just sits there.

But the grphics are minor annoyances. sometimes try pausing and then unpausing or entering a building and then exiting to refresh the game.

6. MSTFreak

MSTFreak Member

teggy, thatss exactly what i find myself doing everytime it happens, its getting very annoying, especially when i'm in a hurry. i have 2 kinds of media, memorex DVD-R and DVD+R. should i burn it again on a DVD+R/DVD-R at 1x speed? is nero alright?

nero is what I used to burn it last time...

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

memorex +r are much better quality than the -r.

8. biggoltee

biggoltee Member

it could be your PS2 I burn mine with philips - R
    which is cmc third class it works fine on V7 a little
    slow sometimes but on V4 it skips has load errors
    and sometimes not playable.BTW burned at 8x

9. MSTFreak

MSTFreak Member

like i said, my ps2 is a piece of junk. its a version 3.

10. moosepn

moosepn Member

I'm having trouble with GTA SA myself...using DVD Decryptor I keep getting an error saying that the buffer size isn't large enough. I couldn't find much in the settings. Any ideas?

11. rashad1

rashad1 Member

I went to the 99cents store for my DVD-R to burn San Andreas, it works fine... Unless you use codebreaker codes then the game takes a while to load things and it might even freeze...I never had these problems with the orginal copy.

12. Keshin

Keshin Member

I used a 10 pack Sony DVD-r for San Andreas. I've played and finished the game and its only now that I'm having problems with the graphics.

Sometimes it takes ages for the graphics to load on screen and I'd drive/fly into a wall or something. Its only when I'm going really fast, but I'm not complaining. I managed to play and finish the game with no problems at all.... ran perfectly.

I dunno I might buy a better quality media and burn with that.

13. rashad1

rashad1 Member

Yea I bought Memormex DVD-r and it worked perfectly the first time I played it but now it sucks.

14. moosepn

moosepn Member

I went through 5 coasters but I finally got a good working copy. I also have problems with high speed cars but I've also beat the game although I don't see what that has to do with the glitch.