1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Andreas Japan release date

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fredsdead, Jan 6, 2005.

1. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

Does anyone know the release date for San Andreas in Japan?
    And, it's looking less likely that I'm going to go for a modchip - it just sounds difficult (backup not working etc.) - so might just buy the Japanese copy - I've got heaps of experience with the GTA world, but can only read a small amount of Japanese , would I be in a world of mental agony if I went for the Japanese version, and relied on the dialogue, and jsut forgot about the text information in the game? Is the text absolutely necessary, or are mission goals, and buying upgrades for your car etc., quite intuitive?

fredsdead

2. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

...anyone?

3. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

--- game-science.com

4. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

the missions are a MUST. they unlock everything in the game. To be honest the game wouldnt be any good without the storyline.

why dont you get swap magic then you dont need to get a modchip. search the forums for it if you dont knwowhat it is.

5. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

I've done heaps of research into swap magic, and is definitely a good way to go - only if there were reasnoable sites to buy from! I need to get the Japanese build of Swap Magic, which is rare itself - let alone through a reliable seller - and want to get a decent quality flip-top - some are rubbish and don't have memory doors which I've heard is a problem. The best site I've found so far is www.linker4u.com - they have jap 3.3 build of swap magic, and their fliptop looks ok. But on top of that, heaps of people have had problems with their San Andreas backups - I would get the original import (which would be PAL, Japan is NTSC) - and I'd just want to be sure it would work with the swap magic set, and have no issues with being a PAL game, on an NTSC system. Guess I'm a pessimist as I've always worked with PC, and know it well - but consoles seem to be so reliant on all things working perfectly! Worried I'll throw my money into something that wouldn't do the job. Any advice?