1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Andreas V7 ps2 with swap magic?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Boomsly, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

Will a backup of San andreas work on my Version 7 ps2. My ps2 does not have a modchip and I plan on using Swap magic V3.2. If so I have one more question what media types are recommended? I've seen a couple but would like to hear some more maybe someone could write up a faq of working media types preferably - media types.

2. stupidkid

stupidkid Member

i have a v4 PS2 with San Andreas and swapmagic on it. I'm using DVD+R media with no problems at all. I happen to like fujifilm's DVD's or imation.

3. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

I thought V7 ps2 couldn't play + media or didn't like to or something like that?

4. knapptown

knapptown Member

I made a flawless backup of this game on a v4 using swag magic on Sony 4x +r media. I have found +r media works better on my ps2 than -r. Buy a 3 pack of decent +r media and see. I have had success with memorex, Sony, and Maxell media.

5. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

Thanks knapptown the info is much appreciated.

6. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

Got my swap magic discs today my dvd swap magic says it is version 2.0 I thought there was 3.2 dvd versoins out now??? will this still work on a v7 PS2? I don't want to waste money finding out I would much rather save money and have a reply here, thanks.

7. knapptown

knapptown Member

It should work just fine

8. radiofree

radiofree Member

when I play my backup of GTA sa with my swap magic it takes a long time to load and hangs up after the first few missions. I get the same choppy problems on star wars battlefront. My copy of red dead revolver works fine though. I am using the ritek dvd+r burned at 4x. Should I burn slower or should I use a different program. I use decrypter and nero currently. Any help would be great!