1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Andreas

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by XNikoX, Mar 9, 2005.

1. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

I burned San Andreas on a dvd-r but when i put it in my dms4 lite modded modchip all i get is a black screen. I tried burning at different speeds nothin worked. I used Nero and Alcohol 120%.

What am i doing wrong?

2. robc11

robc11 Member

I heard somewhere that san andreas is on a dual layer disc so you need a dual layer dvd burner to burn it to a dual layer disc dunno if its true though.

3. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

No i pretty sure that it is a dvd-5 disk

4. robc11

robc11 Member

dunno then srry im new to backing up games so cant help

5. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

GTA:SA is not a dual layer but it is pretty big. Try burning at a lower speed and try different media. If u have the game make an exact 1:1 copy using nero 6. Worked 4 me :)

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I did San Andreas with no problems at all using Decrypter and it plays perfectly. Every once in a great while I get a black screen saying it can't be read while playing it, but if I wait 4 or 5 seconds it comes right back on picking up where it froze. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen periodically.

It is not a DVD 9, it comes in somewhere around 4.2-4.3g if memory serves so a DVD 5 works fine. Rip with Decrypter in ISO mode and read at 1x. Then write in ISO mode using the MDS file and (this is EXTREMELY important!) write at 1x! I tried it at 2.4x and it did NOT work. A slow read and write at 1x will do the job.

I used a Plextor PX708UF burner and Ritek Ridata 4x +R to burn and I play it on a modded PS2.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  7. iamsam43

iamsam43 Member

I was wondering if anyone would send me a working ISO of San Andreas for PS2 please?

Thank you!

8. Doulley

Doulley Guest

u cant send iso i think thats considerd piracy?

9. djmunchee

djmunchee Member

Yeah I used dvd dcrypter to read and write and I've not seen the first imperfection!!!! I was pretty shocked actually that I didn't have to do anything to it.
    (swapm_3.3 & V4_ps2)
    oh yaeh and I agree with the guy earlier GO BIG ORANGE!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

was wondering if anyone would send me a working ISO of San Andreas for PS2 please?

iamsam43

That is piracy and the mods will ban you for posts like that. Just wanted to give you a friendly warning. If you have the game there should be no problem using Decrypter to make your own ISO file following the instructions I posted earlier..

djmunchee,

I hear ya! :>)

11. steimy

steimy Active member

Used DVD Decrypter myself and had no problems.

12. eagle_05

eagle_05 Member

just to comment about the error message 'cannot read game disc' whilst playing San Andreas, I used to get that message with my original game and so did a couple of my mates, so dont worry if ur copy does it!!