1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansa e250 playlist help

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by PCSqu33z3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. max777

max777 Member

Great info! I didn't know it was possible to create playlists in WMP and instantly tranfer them to my Sansa!! Just what I wanted!!!

2. wongdong

wongdong Member

3. chawla_p

chawla_p Member

Hi there

Actually i am an indian and have purchased Sansa e250 a month ago from US(deals2buy.com) and now have landed in India. My MP3 player was working quite well up till now but suddenly it has stopped working today, as i copied some songs into it and then plugged it out from the USB cable it started refreshing the database and the screen hangs there and then.

I have also tried resetting the player by holding the menu key for 15 secs but afterwords when i switch it on it still gives me the same problem as described above.

Also i am not able to see those USB removable drives so that i can format my device

please help me out urgently.

Thanks in advance
    Puneet Chawla

4. tresans

tresans Member

hi, i have a Sansa m240 1GB MP3 Player, and the screen is totaly busted. i can only click on menu>playmusic>play all, because thats all i remember. can anyone please tell me how to reset settings, i know to click menu, go down 3, and then what do i do? plz help.

5. gagootz

gagootz Member

hey chawla_p
    "i am not able to see those USB removable drives so that i can format my device"

Is your 250 in MSC or MTP mode? try switching to the other, usually MSC
    gives less problems
    Also what firmware are you running?

"I have also tried resetting the player by holding the menu key for 15 secs but afterwords when i switch it on it still gives me the same problem as described above. "

You can also try

* Recovery Mode
    To enter the recovery mode you have to do the following steps:
    1. Activate "Hold" with the switch on top of the player
    2. Hold the rec-button while you power up
    3. You now should see a message telling you what to do next

* Reset Database without formatting
    If you have problems with the database (like ghost files) there is no need to format the whole player. Switch the player in MSC-mode (Settings->USB Mode) and connect it to your pc. If you haven't already done so, activate hidden files ( here is a guide how to do this). Now go to your Sansa. You should see some new folders there after you activated the hidden files. Go to System\Data\ and delete the Pp5000.dat. After you unplugged the player it should rebuild the complete database.

Good Luck

6. kathybrj

kathybrj Member

I'm not able to get my Sansa e260 out of refresh database. I am having the "synchronize to continue subscription" problem, even though I've nevcer used a service- just ripped and synched cds from my collection.

Tried recovery mode, but it goes back to sitting in "refresh database".

Any suggestions?

7. gagootz

gagootz Member

is it still stuck on refreshing database?
    might want to pull the battery if its not responding to anything
    see if any firmware updates might help you? (Firmware forum)
    take a look here and search
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    heres some tips etc
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639

And I used to get that same "syncronize to continue subscription"
    error, and I never used any music service either just ripped cd's

The only way I got that too stop was to rip my cd's and drag and drop
    the files onto the sansa player instead of using windows media player to syncronize
    Try deleting your music...you actually may have a corrupted mp3 that could cause the whole refresh database thing(ive read about that before )
    Anyway delete you music and try ripping again/drag and drop and see if you get rid of that error code
    might need to delete the Pp5000.dat file too (i do it after any new music I add)
    Reset Database without formatting
    If you have problems with the database (like ghost files) there is no need to format the whole player. Switch the player in MSC-mode (Settings->USB Mode) and connect it to your pc. If you haven't already done so, activate hidden files ( here is a guide how to do this). Now go to your Sansa. You should see some new folders there after you activated the hidden files. Go to System\Data\ and delete the Pp5000.dat. After you unplugged the player it should rebuild the complete database.

If you need this...
    Here's how to view hidden files and folders:

1. Open explorer or My Computer
    2. Click the Tools menu
    3. Click Folder Options
    4. Click the View tab
    5. Click Show Hidden Files and Folders
    6. Unclick Hide protected operating system files.
    7. Click OK

Good Luck

8. kathybrj

kathybrj Member

Are you ripping your cds using WMP 10 still? Or do you use a different program?

Did the drag and drop- changed nothing. I can't get anything to play on this thing in any mode.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  9. gagootz

gagootz Member

hi kathybrj
    yes I used WMP10
    did you get past the player hanging at refresh database?
    and you deleted all your old tracks and that DAT file?
    you could try using media monkey its a free program? just google it
    what about your firmware version? and did you try updating it?

10. kathybrj

kathybrj Member

Updated firmware, deleted and reformatted and rewupdated firmware again. Nothing is working. It isn't stuck on refreshing database any longer, but it's not playing any music at all

11. gagootz

gagootz Member

still getting that "syncronize to continue" message ?
    and can you see the songs on the player?
    what about the video and pics are they working?
    whats on the screen? is it white?

BTW you can get media monkey here
    http://www.mediamonkey.com/
    Ive read others having issues w/wmp, and have used this
    and you are now running firmware 1.02.12 now? I'll see if anyones having probs with that version
    Is this a new player or have you been able to use it in the past?
    might have to return it if its new, and try a new one or get your $$ back

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  12. kathybrj

kathybrj Member

Ok, just got off the phone with Sandisk tech support.

Boy, do I feel like an idiot.

The tech was great. Basically, I had the little "copy protect music" box checked when I ripped all the music off my cd's.

Big freakin" DUH for me.

Ugh.

Well, now I have to re-rip all my music and reload it on the player, but that's cool- lesson learned.

Thanks to everyone here that replied. I appreciate it!

13. bodkerlo

bodkerlo Member

Can someone please help me? I have plugged my Sansa e250 in the computer. Went to my computer and clicked on Sansa e250 file. Went into the music folder and tried to copy my music in it (from my music files). I have tried the rhapsody program too. It was giving error messages too. It will only copy some. All the music is in the same format. So why will some copy and some want. I get a error message saying that it is the wrong format, but it's the same as the others. It also does it to some of the mp3's too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14. bodkerlo

bodkerlo Member

When I try to transfer music over to my mp3 player, it says error "The file may not exsist or being used by another program." It will copy 2 out of 15 files. They are all the same type of files. I have tried it by going into the sansa file on the computer and transferring them over, Rhapsody, and windows media player. Everyone of them has errors. The windows media player will copy 90% of it and then quit and it has aborted files on it. Can someone tell me what is wrong please? Any help is greatly appreciated.

15. otisdeez

otisdeez Member

This program will solve your playlist and mix cd folder problems. It's an id3 editor called "Eags on". Simply put all the songs you want into a folder on your hard drive and open up eags on. With one click you can change the name of the album for all songs so that when you drag the folder into sansa player, all those songs will show up as if they were all on one album. Very quick workaround if you are like me and want a bunch of folders with various artists.

16. wongdong

wongdong Member

Editing the ID3 Tags of your Mp3s is not necessary to play a directory on your sansa. Just use the program of my previous post in this thread to create playlist for each directory...

17. menace07

menace07 Member

OK, NOW THAT EVERYONE HAS GAVE THEIR IDEAS ON HOW TO TRANSFER A PLAYLIST TO THE SANSA WITH NO SUCCESS MIGHT I ADD....THIS IS THE REAL WAY TO DO IT IN 10 SIMPLE STEPS!!! YOU NEED RHAPSODY FOR THIS (no subscription required just the program itself). AND IF THIS DOESN'T WORK (which 100% does) I'LL BUY YOU A SANSA LOL.

Follow step by step:
    1. Complete all current firmware upgrade(s) first
    2. Download Rhapsody (comes with cd)
    3. Open Rhapsody
    4. Switch player to MTP mode
    5. Plug in sansa player and it will show up under "Sources" in Rhapsody
    6. You should already see "Go list" after clicking the + (see where I'm going with this?)
    7. Create a playlist in Rhapsody by clicking new playlist and then drag-n-drop files into the new playlist you created. You can then rename it if you chose to.
    8. Drag the new playlist into the Sansa e200 drive under "Sources".
    9. You should then see both playlists (Go list, New Playlist, etc) in Rhapsody.
    10. Unplug player. ENJOY!!!!

18. wongdong

wongdong Member

Err... @menace
    You wrote, you were not able to create playlist with ANY of the solutions previously provided here. Did you try my program and why did it fail? I would really appreciate an answer to improve my tool.

To remind others: With the program available at http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/Staff/cp/playlist_creator.zip
    you can create playlists with the exact structure of your directories on your player with one click and no ID3 editing or likewise.

best regards, Christian

19. tedesco85

tedesco85 Member

I purchased four Sansa E250s this last Xmas for the family and have successfully ripped music, syncronized playlists, etc. I orginally started by using WiMP software but quickly stopped based on an article and suggestion by Charlie D. (many thanx) through Afterdawn:
    Don't use WiMP if you are concerned with Digital Rights Management (DRM) and related encroachment. A free download of MediaMonkey solved everything. It's easy, flexible, and has a decent Help resource.

Itunes uses ACC style DRM. Rhapsody, Napster, Walmart, Yahoo, MNN, Musicmatch, all use WMA style DRM. There are a few that bypass this stuff and its heartaches. One is eMusic, which uses 192kbps VBR recording -- high quality and good enough for most folks.

20. mmoomey

mmoomey Member

wongdong

your program does not even run. I get an application failed to initialize properly error