1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansa e250 playlist help

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by PCSqu33z3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. arch85

arch85 Member

haha, well you're an angry one :) here, read this -- this should be able to solve your issues:

http://ridesforall.com/archit/sansaitunes/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9

2. nympherah

nympherah Member

I tried deleting song files manually once, and now I can't get the artist and album info off, but the songs are gone. Any way I can fix this?

3. fates_eye

fates_eye Member

Alright, I've been going through this for a while, read all the posts and found the solution, here it is:

1) Switch settings from msc->mtp
    2) shut off mp3 player
    3) plug in to pc
    4) create playlist with wmp (i used version 11)
    5) right click playlist title and add to synch list
    6) synch it (i used manual though I don't think that matters

That's what I did, and it worked golden, thanks for the previous posts that helped me figure it out, :)

4. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

Yup, that works! I actually read it in the User Guide (Sansa e200) at the SanDisk website. The lame thing is that I have the Rhapsody version from BestBuy and in THAT User Guide (Sansa e200R) it only tells you how to set up playlists with the BestBuy software. But, after looking at the plain ol' Sansa e200 Guide, it gives the exact steps mentioned above. Oh, you might have to restart your Sansa afterwards for the settings to take effect.

NOW..........
    I have a question, how can I erase the Playlists that came with my Sansa e200R? I erased the files in Explorer, but when I start the Player, those playlists are still there - except all of their corresponding songs are dimmed out because I never subscribed to Rhapsody and I erased all of their songs from the Player.

Basically, I want to erase all traces of Rhapsody stuff on the Player. Thanks for any help.

UPDATE:
    Ok, I got it. I just formatted - like described in this thread early on - and it worked. All my ghost files are gone.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  5. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

Oops, I forgot one more thing.
    When I transfer files from WMP 11 to my Sansa, the album cover art does not get transferred even though on my computer, those files have a cover art associated with them in the ID3 tag.

How can I do it so that the covert art appears on my Sansa?

UPDATE:
    I just figured it out. I need to have the file "album art.jpg" in the folder so that the Sansa player will show it when playing the song. Bummer that it doesn't automatically get transferred when synchronizing with WMP 11.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  6. seanpr123

seanpr123 Member

folder.jpg works also

7. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

Nice litte script, but it does not create playlist form my microsd card. The card is recognized by explorer as drive R and I dragged music folders into it. But, like I said, your script tells me that nothing (no music) was found on the card (even though I selected R as the card's drive letter).

UPDATE: I just created a folder in my MicroSD card called "Music" and I dragged and dropped all my other folders into it. Then I tried again and your script worked. I didn't know that the music folders in the card had to be inside of one big "Music" folder. I don't know why I thought about trying it that way, but I'm glad it works now. Thanks for writing that script. It's pretty handy.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  8. wongdong

wongdong Member

Hi there. The thing is i don't have a mini SD card :) But is there a music folder on your card? (R:\music\). That is where the playlists are created from. If it doesn't work, i will have a look at the code, maybe there's a bug i didn't see in the first place.
    And is your SD drive letter subsequent to the original drive? (is Q your player?)

cheers, Christian

9. arch85

arch85 Member

Hi Christian,

I think the problem might be as to how Sansa looks at the additional memory from the SD card -- does it look at it as a new 'drive' or just additional memory?

Because the playlists on the internal memory of the player are created using \\Music (if I remember correctly ... been a while). So I think we just need to figure out how the reference is passed when the Music is on the external drive.

Maybe someone who has an SD card can try it out and tell us?

--- Sync the player using Windows Media Player 10 or Rhapsody or whatever you can use and try putting songs onto the external card.
    --- Put the player in MSC mode and open the second drive (one is for the Sansa's internal memory other is for the SD card)
    --- Let us know what folders you see and what files are within those folders.

That would be a great help to both myself as well as Christian so we can modify our scripts accordingly ...

Thanks guys!

10. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

Oops, well as you can see, my "update" from my last post has exactly what Christian talked about in the post following it. I guess we were both posting at the same time. :)

thanks guys for your help and input.

EDIT: and for arch85 or those who were wondering...
    In a playlist, the reference to the sansa is "HARP, " while the one for the SD card is "SDMMC, " which I assume stands for SD Micro Media Card.

Before I figured out my actual problem, I had gone around it by running Christian's script directly inside my SD card and creating the playlists inside the card itself. Then I used notepad to edit each playlist and replaced HARP, with SDMMC, and then I copied those playlists into the Sansa playlist folder. Yeah, I know, big dork way around, but it worked. Then when I tried the script again (this time from the sansa drive) out of curiosity it recognized the SD card since I previously had created that "Music" directory in the SD card when I ran the script from that. So, that's actually how I figured out that a "Music" directory was needed. Ok, bla bla bla bla. It works now and I've learned something. Those two things are always a plus!

11. arch85

arch85 Member

swweeeeeett!! thx bud

12. wongdong

wongdong Member

Hehe, well my script should do it, i asked darren to put a song from his sd card on the go list and send it to me and the entry looks like:

SDMMC, MUSIC\Jennifer Knapp\Lay It Down\02 Lay It Down.mp3

So it's just the prefix that changes and of course the MUSIC folder must be there...

13. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

hehe - yup - see my "edit" two posts above. I am now a happy Sansa camper.

BTW - I like Jennifer Knapp :)

14. Eggwin

Eggwin Member

The cleanest method I found for creating Playlists on my Sansa 250 player is to:

1) Save all of your music files from your MP3 on to your hard drive

2) Download the latest firmware from Sansa if it hasn't automatically done so yet. If so; format the device(this will give you a fresh start)

3) On your Sansa; select SETTINGS-USB-AUTO DETECT not [MSC mode]

4) Plug in your player

5) Open Windows Media Player (I'm using ver 11)

6) Click on the top SYNC pulldown button to take you to the SYNC screen

7) On the top Left; click CREATE PLAYLIST and name your new playlist

8) Below that; Click Library and find the location of your music folder(s)

9) Double click the folder you want to open and either select individual songs or in any blank space by the music files; hold down your right click button and drag to select multiple songs then drop them into your Newly created Playlist icon

Here's the cool part...

1) Drag and drop the Playlist icon to the Sync List on the right

2) Click the SYNC pulldown button on the top bar and click on your player name and ADVANCED OPTIONS

3) Under the QUALITY Tab; Select maximum quality level [second choice]- SMALLEST SIZE (64Kbps)

This will DOUBLE your player capacity by converting them from MP3's to WMA files without any noticeble sound quality loss [ergo "the cool part"]

No magic here--press START SYNC and let it do it's thing...Egg

PS Note the location of temp files in the WMP 11-SYNC-MORE OPTIONS-ADVANCED buttons to clear out temp files when you're all done Syncing...

15. k3nsh1n

k3nsh1n Member

Can't ENJOY. I have the latest version of Rhapsody, and im able to only create ONE Playlist. I already changed the properties of the SYSTEM directory, but still, i can't make any other playlist

16. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

How exactly are you trying to make several playlists and at what point does it not work? Do you have the latest firmware update on the Sansa?

Did you try my post here from April 9 at 15:16? Write back and I'm sure we'll find a solution.

17. KeyNoX

KeyNoX Member

Plz help me, I lost my box of Sansa, and accidentally formatted it. Now when I try to open it, the black screen appears showing "Loading main image failed, Switch to Recovery mode". Then I switch it to Recovery mode by using REC button.

I tried format the 16-FAT using Windows mode then run the SansaUpdater, it doesn't work - No Updates are available.

I tried e200fw01.00.12.exe, but it said "ERROR, Application failed to read the version details" or "Not compatible"

I also tried the pp5022.mi4 for Rhapsody, but still after reboot, "Loading main image failed" appears.

So can anyone help me out with this?

18. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

Hey KeyNox,
    This particular thread deals with creating playlists on your Sansa. You will have more luck starting a new thread with your specific topic instead of posting in this thread. It will just keep things more organized and people who could help you won't skip over your post thinking it has something to do with playlists. You could make your own title something like "Formatted Sansa, now reboot fails - Nothing works". Good luck! Here is a link to the forum where you can start a new thread involving your Sansa: http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/160

19. KeyNoX

KeyNoX Member

20. adscorp

adscorp Member