1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat - 28.2e - Missing HD chans - Please read

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MICKAH, Apr 26, 2014.

1. satsig

satsig Newbie

what other areas do you know of that has lost HD and SD channels ? other areas have lost HD like sly Italy but all SD channels are fine and shall be for along time to come .there are still millions of people out there with legit SD only sly boxes and not to mention SD only tv sets . for sly to wipe out all SD channels they would have to force every paying customer to upgrade there SD box to HD and tv sets to HD .
    ##SO THE SCAREMONGERING BEGINS##

2. menace404

menace404 Member

Absolutely true. SD should be around for another long long time. Its is totally uneconomical for sly to provide SD only customers, of which there are millions across the UK and Ire, with replacement SD boxes that can handle the new ECM encryption type. I wonder if sly were to issue a new viewing card would that suffice but who knows. You can be certain they wont be replacing the boxes.
    That said, after experiencing HD its hard for me to watch SD...the picture detail makes such a huge difference :). It will be hard to live without.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. ronsky123

ronsky123 Member

hi all by anychance is the new codec for s.y hd the same as s.y ltala hd the new high efficiency video coding (hevc o h.265

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Sadly, having talked to Chinese distributors, they have paid for this solution and it will be only available to large pay servers whom have paid for the solution.

5. menace404

menace404 Member

Sly Atlantic hd has fallen.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  6. blue88

blue88 Member

so now the end is near!

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

for HD, yes, for anything else, who knows

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Open to correction on this but suggest that current HD channels open will remain open as they are not part of the sky family of channels. So Disney, eden, ITV, comedy central, Dave etc will likely live on

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

And what in the name of the divine is this about likes received and trophies awarded. Too old for such sh**e. Facebook seems to be so catching that even the old bitter f##k has to put up with it. I hate this new web design with a vengeance:)

tongs007 likes this.
  10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

here here! I can't get away with it, don't like how nothing is categorized anymore its just a mess of threads

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

I even dislike the fact that you 'liked' my post tongs. How bitter is that. Any more 'liking' of my posts is likely to see strong negative reaction

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Seems ain't much HD left to watch. So enjoy BT, ESPN and rte2 while you can. It does look like BT/ESPN will last as these channels are separate to sky card. Thank god I'm nearly blind with old age and can't figure the difference:)

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

and now boxnation hd is dead.
    The Channel Cemetery - 1 record(s)
    Television Channel
    Satellite Technical informations
    Name Country Pic
    Name, Pos. Freq/Pol SR, FEC Encryption SID Video Audio Last updated
    BoxNation HD United Kingdom
    This channel is not transmitted by satellite in Europe at this time

14. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Just thought i would bring this thread back to life. To see if anyone is missing the HD, have alternatives, TBH it isnt such a big problem in my house hold the kiddlywinks just watch cartoons so SD HD or TB aint no difference to them, I am not a sports lover so dont watch that and any movies i want to watch I never watched Sky movies hd or sd as i like new releases which i could get off PB or just use my android box with xbmc, so everything is ok, still paying 25£ for 3 month for my sub the same price when HD was active but its worth i do believe.

15. cactikid

cactikid Active member

yes alternatives can be found as some have moved back to cable boxes with hd,swings and roundabouts,got a protek box on motorised and how much better their hd is over uk hehehe.

16. cjenkins82

cjenkins82 Member

Sorry if this has been answered but a lot of this doesn't make sense although I have read every post. I have a starview hd combo. I paid for a newcamd subscription and was working fine for years. HD have been gone a while and now normal channels (sky sports etc) are very temperamental to say the least. Is this the end or is there something that can be done. Mine runs off sat if that makes any difference?? Apologies for my naivety in advance.

17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

loads of hd channels are gone dark because sky are changing the way box and card are paired on 28.2,only way to view is with a sub to sky,on the other hand hd works on cable,movies and sports and others still work in sd unless they moved again as channels are always on the move.