1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SATA and HITACHI 78fk PROBLEM HELP!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Decaf, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Decaf

Decaf Member

Ok i have a M2N32-SLI Delux motherboard from ASUS and it has built in SATA ports but theyr SIL ( silicone image ) and i know they wont work with my 78FK drive. Ive been looking for days and have gone to many computer stores ( like over 10 ) and they all only have the silicon image sata cards.. or nothing. Ive read so many forums and NOONE says specifically what kind of Sata card(s) you can use for this drive. (maybe one person mentioned it) so what cards are best to use for this drive??? I also know VIA ones have some problems too . What do i use!?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

VIA 6421L or A it does not matter, all drives are compatible with this pci sata card. just go on ebay, there dirt cheap, i know you may have to wait a couple days for it, but they are the best.

3. Decaf

Decaf Member

ok thanks for the reply, but wow great ebay JUST notified me that they removed that guy selling those cards because of some lose prevention thing... so now im not getting the card!.. n theres no more VIA-6421 cards on ebay... whats next? what do i get .. i live in Canada and no one seems to have n e worthwhile cards for the 78fk or atleast no one is posting that n e thing works.. !!

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

5. Decaf

Decaf Member

ok , but hmm can anybody list a whole bunch of cards compatible with the 78fk? Because im not sure whats compatible with it.

6. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Here you go this is the right one .newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815124022

7. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

the via 6421 sata pci card is compatible with ALL drives, you have nothing to worry about.

8. Decaf

Decaf Member

ok so i FINALLY found one at a local shop , via 6421 (R494) i connect my 360 to the chip ( ihave the slax burned on a cd ready to go ) and i get this message / error .

6421R494.ROM - For RAID
    Scan Devices, Please wait...
    None Raid
    Serial.Ch1 Marker: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR3120L
    Press < Tab > Key into user window!

"then i get some yellow letter sayin if i want to install linux"

WHATS GOING ON?? I thot this card was compatible with the 0078fk drive.???!