1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sata - eide conundrum?????????

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MRSIRCOOK, Jan 17, 2007.

1. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

I have an ide hd, and an ide and sata mobo. The main connection is ide with master and slave on ide. now i wanna add a third hd and wanted to go sata. i purchased the little adapter that goes on the back of the ide drive to change the connection to sata and hooked it up to my mobo but now i have two problems. 1. which power wire should i use, the floppys or the regular ide hd power cord and 2. do i have to do anything in the bios to get the sata connection to work on my asus p4p 800 se mobo??????? holla back

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

You need a molex to sata power converter. so thast how you power it, and the controller sucks so get a regular sata hard drive. In the bios you do need to make sure it is reconized in the bios

3. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

Thanks...thats the most honest reply i have received from every message board i ve been too...

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can use that hd in an external usb enclosure that you can use on other computers.