1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SATA Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jontracey, Apr 28, 2007.

1. jontracey

jontracey Guest

What is the difference between a PCI SATA card and a Onboard SATA card?

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

onboard sata is built into the MOBO while PCI sata is a PCI card that has sata ports built into it.

3. jontracey

jontracey Guest

Which one would you perfer?

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

well when i flashed my 360 i had to buy the PCI card, bc my onboard sata wasnt compatable with the samsung 360 drive. but if it is compatable, i would just go with that, saves you the 20 dollars for it. but onboard sata is good for internal sata HDs, or dvd burners. much faster transfer rate.

5. jontracey

jontracey Guest

What PCI Card Did you buy? Will it work for a Hitachi Drive?

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

the one i bought wont work for hitachi drives as they require different chipsets still i belive. but just search on here hitachi 360 drive + sata PCI card and youll get the card you need witha link to newegg.com where most of the poeple have bought it from. i think the chipset needs to be like 2241 or something like that where-as with the samsung drive it needs to be like 6241 i think.

7. jontracey

jontracey Guest

Would this work?http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Port-SATA-USB-PCI-Card-VIA-Chipset-VT6214L-VT6421A_W0QQitemZ140113297195QQihZ004QQcategoryZ74941QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem