1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SATA to PATA Converter with Network Adapter

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shiryu22, Jan 24, 2007.

1. shiryu22

shiryu22 Member

Hello - I've searched the forums regarding this problem, coming up with nothing. I've been lurking these boards for awhile, and doing so rekindled my interest in messing with my consoles :)

I've recently come into a few SATA HDs. I do have two PATA HDs - however, they're inside of my computer and have information I use daily on them, and it'd be a hassle for me to transfer the data on them to the SATA drives (I have no SATA connecters in my computer - instead, I use a USB to SATA enclosure).

I was wondering if I could use a SATA to PATA converter with the PS2 network adapter - I know WD HDs (the two PATAs are WD, btw :D)notoriously don't fit with the network adapter, so I'm unsure if the network adapter could accomodate the space that the converter would take. Also, I was wondering if there would be any differences between how the PS2 reads SATA and PATA drives, considering that the converter would convert the signals.

Ultimately, I suppose a simplified question would be...

Would using a SATA hard drive through a SATA to PATA adapter fit with the network adapter, and would it work with HDLoader/HDAdvance?

Here's a link to what I'm thinking of buying -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SATA-S-Serial-A...2QQihZ010QQcategoryZ74941QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, everyone. These forums rock.

2. shiryu22

shiryu22 Member

Any help, anyone? I am indeed shamelessly bumping my thread :eek: