1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SATA Via6421a help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Andrew86, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Hey guys, i need some help.

I have a Sata Via6421a chipset and trying to run it on my pc. Unfortunately the pc is outdated and therefore is there anyway to slow down the sata card so that my pc could recognise it?

Another attempt at getting around this is that i purchased a USB 2.0 IDE & SATA Cable to externally connect it to my laptop/ For some reason the Sata card isn't recognised by the cable. So Now im baffled as to what to do.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Do you have a friend who has a newer PC you could use? It doesn't take long to flash. I have 3 PCs myself and the 1st one I tried had a MOBO too old to work so I just used the next one.

3. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

That is possible, but my mates arent really pc enthusiasts. he did however bought a package desktop few years back (3 years ago?) would that be sufficient in handling a sata card?

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

As long as the motherboard has a PCI slot, then a 3 yr. old computer should work fine. It works on my old ASUS board with a Celeron 1.3Ghz proc. :)

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

My was an AMD PC. I forget which motherboard, but it was 3-4 years old and I could never get it to work. Maybe a bios update could help, but a newer MOBO will see it easily.

6. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Ah forget it, I've decided to take a new approach - upgrade my motherboard and cpu processor. Any foreseeable problems with doing this?

Im gonna spend bout £150 ($300?) on a new set, maybe bung in some of those RAM cards too.. I just started on reading custom computer magazines and have a very faint idea about what to do.

Im sure most new motherboards will come with sata capability, especially with the budget im planning on using.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

yeah connect your via6421 to that!