1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sata

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xxgangsta, Aug 12, 2007.

1. xxgangsta

xxgangsta Guest

I want to flash my xbox 360 , but i don't now does my pc has Sata card or something ... So how can I figure out that my pc is good for flashing xbox 360 , you know what I mean.. =] .

2. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

Just buy a VIA 6421a PCI SATA card and you'll be good to flash almost every 360 drive.

3. xxgangsta

xxgangsta Guest

Motherboard this is my motherboard and I wonder is it good for using flash or I need something else?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  4. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

I'm not sure if the ICH6 (your Sata chipset) will work with mtkflash (Samsung). It may work for 32-59 Hitachi drives but def. not for the 0078. And I seriously doubt it will work with Hitachi's but since I don't use that chipset, I can't be 100%.

The easiest no hassle way to flash every flashable drive right now is the VIA6421. They are at most $15

No matter if it will work or not, if you have a Samsung drive, you need the VIA6421 in order to use the 10-sec bad flash method.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  5. xxgangsta

xxgangsta Guest

In my local store I can't find such PCI SATA card , I found cheap card SATA-3 will this be good?
    SATA maybe this is good?
    SaTa and this one , theese are the cheapest , other are much expensive , so which will be good for me?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  6. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

7. xxgangsta

xxgangsta Guest

I live in Europe , Lithuania , maybe you can give me other store that ships to my place , please. =]
    Now I looked into my motherboards users manual and I saw thats it has 4 Sata ports and I have 3 Sata cables

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007