1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satelite/Cable Receiver Set-Up

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mika_98, Apr 12, 2015.

1. mika_98

mika_98 Newbie

Hello all,

I am hoping to set-up a Satelite/Cable receiver at home, one where I can view most/all channels which a Sky/Virgin subscriber would receive on a full TV package. I was having a chat with a friend and he pointed me to this site :)

So just wondering if I can get some advice please on what I need to purchase, how to set things up and contacts, if any.

I have searched and read a few past articles and there was a mention of purchasing a dmc box and a sharecard. Is this the only option or are there others? My friend's advice was similar - purchase a box, sharecard/code. And also a fee which I need to pay annually to renew the subscription.

If possible, I would like to have a setup with a record and pause/play facility. Is that possible or am I asking too much?

I look forward to hearing from you :)

p.s. F1 channel is a must!

2. mika_98

mika_98 Newbie

Forgot to mention, I am flexible with budget. Especially after having paid a years subscription to Sky with Entertainment/Sports pack : P

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

sky no hd, virgin hd unless you get the kv a780, sky lots more channels, Yes you will have to pay for a share (non of that talk on here mind or you will be banned) personally id go the sky route, lots of boxes and if budget isnt a problem a vu+ duo is a nice box, the kv a780 is buy the box and channels are free but be warned its unstable and you are stuck with where the channels come from unencypted the same with the kv phoenix

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

vu duo is old and slow,you would need to keep up with newer faster boxes,forget kv as boxes are up and down now and no kv hd long gone.trouble is if you want to record you need a multi tuner box.
    combo box sat and cable allows recording on sat while viewing on cable or other way.
    boxes like vu duo2 have swappable tuners giving 2 sat and 2 cable.
    gigablue quad you can add 2 cable tuners.

original boxes can be sourced from world of satellite.