1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite Navigation Back-Up - Is it possible?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Oriphus, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi guys, just purchased a fantastic satellite navigation system, In Dash 7" Monitor and Dolby Digital surround system for my car. It came with the very latest Tele Sat European Satellite Navigation DVD. However, it costs a lot of money to get another copy of the DVD should this one get lost or damaged.

Does anyone know what type of encryption is used on these discs? Do you know how to decrypt them and copy them. It probably wont be CSS encryption, since that is generally associated with movies, but is there any program out there for this kind of thing.

Thanks guys n' gals
    Chris

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Long time no see Chris!

Although it's a long shot you might try scanning it with A-Ray Scanner, maybe it'll pick something up.

http://www.aray-software.com/

If A-Ray doesn't pick anything up it may be worth a shot to try BlindWrite's "Automatic" profile and see what happens.

I have a feeling it won't be that easy though.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

HI Nephilim, how you keeping. Yeah, im not getting much time to anything really these days at all. Been very busy with work, uni, soccer, girlfriend etc.

Thanks for your quick reply mate. I checked out that website and by the looks of it, the DVD scanning function isnt working yet. This is what they say:

"
    CD/DVD Protection scanner. Can detect many protections and some other things.... Current version can detect only 3 protections (Sefedisc up to v 3.15, Securom also version 5, and tages) We are working on others. Also scanning DVD is not working yet."

Ah well, i have a feeling i wont be able to copy it. I hope ill not scratch or loose it then.

If anyone has anymore information, id be very grateful.

Thanks
    Chris