1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sattelite Receiver (DM500S) to Projector (HD600X)?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sosolid4u09, Apr 11, 2012.

1. sosolid4u09

sosolid4u09 Member

Hey guys.

I've been using my Dreambox DM500S Sattelite Receiver on my tv using a scart cable and it works perfectly fine.
    Recently bought a projector, Optoma HD600X which works fine on HDMI (have been playing PS3 on it).

Now i'm trying to hook up the DM500s to the Projector. I read online that as long as the DM500s has an RBG Scart output,
    it will be able to be connected into the VGA port of the Projector (the VGA port on the projector says SCART/COMPONENT/PC.

So i bought a 15 quid HAMA Scart to VGA cable which is apparently MADE to connect DVD Players/other scart devices to a VGA input on a projector.

I connected it up and i got no signal coming through to my Projector. I then set the Projectors settings to NTSC instead of PAL and the projector
    picks up a signal (with the colours all wrong), then loses the signal after 5 seconds. If i turn the Receiver on then off again, it will again find the projector in NTSC then lose it after 5 seconds again.

Any ideas what is going wrong and how i could get this set up working?
    Thanks

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

check a/v settings on dm500. you don't say what image your using so can't specify how to modify these settings