1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save Data corruption help

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by m00ch, May 17, 2012.

1. m00ch

m00ch Member

so for my semester break, i was greeted with my patapon 3 save data being corrupted. i own a psp-1000 running cfw 5.50 prome-4. every time i attempt to load the save, it states: "load failed. data is corrupt". however, if i were to view the save data on the menu, it fully states my name, current stats, and etc. also, my backup save works (but it's a bit more behind than I expected).

i don't use any cheats except the macrofire homebrew.

i've tried the freecheat+sed fix and the magicsave fix. both didn't work.

freecheat+sed method resulted in the new save file to become corrupted with an error 80-something.

magic save will allow me to open the save, but i only get to a black screen which then tells me the save is corrupt.

i'll try to get the error code for the sed-method and will retry magic save later, once i finally get some sleep :)

any help would be appreciated.

2. adamjohnsons

adamjohnsons Member

I have played Patapon 3 games in PSP 1000 and never face such kind of problems as you mentioned. I suggest you to check that you face such kind of problem in other game or not. I think you have improper copy of game and problem mostly in the game.