1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save Image.nrg, when attempting to burn cue-file w Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by acov, Jan 28, 2003.

1. acov

acov Guest

Hi, I've read thru the FAQ, and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I'm using Nero. After checking the CUE file, choosing Burn Image and Write (Disc-at-once), a Save as menu pops up. The burn process doesn't start, instead I'm promted to save an Image.nrg file somewhere. This is how far I get, and I don't know how to move on.

Btw, a very helpful site.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2003
  3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2003
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Probably you choosed 'Image Recorder' on the 'Recorder-->Choose Recorder' Device menu. This is often used to record images (that, for Nero, is equivalent to burn with 'Virtual Device'.

Try selecting the burner, instead. On the Device screen that shows after hoosing 'Recorder-->Choose Recorder' (CTRL-R shortcut) you should see the 'Image Recorder' and the actual burner. Choose the burner. You cannot miss it.

5. acov

acov Guest

Ok, we might be getting somewhere because I only have the Image Recorder to choose, from the menu you are talking about. Could it be that my DVD/CDRW-combo is creating some problems here?

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

More likely, Nero cannot even see the DVD-CDRW unit. Probably the unit is too new for the drivers it has installed.

Try upgrading Nero (now we are at version 5.5.10.something, more or less) or switching to another application (Alcohol 120% ?).

7. acov

acov Guest

You're absolutely right(as usual???). I downloaded som new firmware for my cd-unit, uninstalled Nero and tried with Alcohol. Now my cd-unit shows up, and the burnprocess completes properly. Unfortunately the cd is blank. I think I've read about a couple of cases like that, so I'll go through them again, and maybe get back, if I can't solve it on my own.......

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

8. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You're always welcome.

Please, all you people, try to make distinction between BLANK DISKS (no data written on it, 650 MB free, and this is true even if you try to open it with Isobuster) and COASTERS (apparently blank once open with, say, Windows Explorer but showing a 'Track1' - N megabyte large - that does not show any directory structure even if examined with isobuster).

In the first case you have, more likely, done a 'Test Burn'. In the second case you burned a coaster (and we are here to fix that).

9. acov

acov Guest

Well you can't blame me for not trying. As it turned out, I made a "coaster", with Alcohol 120%. Tried to find out what to do by going through the threads, but got very tired after an hour. Did I use too fast burning, or was it something else?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2003
  10. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

PC CDs can be burned at high speed (I would avoid burning over than 12x anyway) but PSX CDs should be burned not over 2x/4x (depending upon the burner you're using).

Try to follow the (brand new!) quick image burning guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20980

=============================================
    Message to anyone
    =============================================

More in general, whan you want help, please provide the following info. We cannot help otherwise. The info that shuld be provided are:

1) which kind of image did you try to burn (.BIN/.CUE, .BIN without .CUE, .ISO, .CCD/.SUB/.IMG, .NRG)
    2) which steps did you follow with the software you used
    3) the name of the CD (if available) and type (PSX? PS2? PC?)
    4) the options you have set up (e.g. 'datatype' you choosed in Alcohol Wizard)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2003