1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save Transfer Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by handsom, Aug 17, 2007.

1. handsom

handsom Regular member

So, with my original 360, there was a really bad billing problem on Live, M$ refused to fix it, I got pissed, and things got ugly. My account became COMPLETELY disabled, even as a silver, it had absolutely NO online connectivity.

So, I modded the 360, and got a lot more enjoyment out of it. As it turned out, when I finally got around to really enjoying my 360, it started overheating, just out of warranty(at the time). I ended up having to replace it, and went through this major ordeal just to get back the items I had purchased from MS Arcade, etc. Since their was a different system serial, and the account was no longer active with them.

My problem now is that I have all these old saves(which had achievements unlocked) that I had worked at, and I can't use most of them with my new console, since the account isn't active, yada yada yada.

I have the modding tools I used before, including the hard drive kit, which allows me to transfer saves to and from the drive. I'm trying to figure out how to convert the saves to my new account. Making things more interesting, the old account and the new account are almost 100% identical in name.

Can someone explain a way to convert the account a save is associated with, so that I don't have to start all my games and achievements over from scratch? Or am I completely stuck on this one?

Any help is appreciated.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

i wish i could help..
    but i have never transferred saves period...i hooked my drive to the pc once with the kit just to look at the saves but never touched them....i mean you can try and transfer them and see what happens...

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

It's not really even a matter of physically 'transferring' them at all, they're still going to be on the same hard drive, because that's where the new account is located.

It's more a matter of I guess 'converting' them from one account to another.

4. budro

budro Regular member

i've never looked at how an xbox 360 drive looks when you plug it into the computer and view it, but i would think that there might be some subfolders or something with info for your old account, and your new account. if that's the case, though i doubt it is, just transfer to the other folder. also, how many folders and subfolders are on it, and what's inside them (unless there's too many things to list)?

5. handsom

handsom Regular member

No. The saves are somehow encoded to their original account, I wish it was as simple as moving the files... : /

6. budro

budro Regular member

:( well, get in touch with some game save hackers. idk where you could find some to ask questions from, but i'm sure they'd know all about it. either that, or research game save hackin yourself, that should let you know how to tranfer them, i would think

7. handsom

handsom Regular member

LOL; that was actually my intention in starting this thread.

I've been here for over a year, and I've shared and received a LOT of information.

Unfortunately, I tend to come here with questions people can't answer on occasion... : /

8. theridges

theridges Guest

well i was looking around for ya...
    and found a site called 360gamesaves.com
    where people upload there gamesaves...for other people to use so there must be a trick or something of that matter...i couldn't get on the forums there because i never got my confirmation e-mail, but i will try to get more info for ya buddy.

9. handsom

handsom Regular member

Hey thanks for the tip. I knew there was a dedicated site, but I had no luck googling it, all I got was people talking about firmware mods(been there, done that, bought the shirt-grew out of it, lol)

I'll check there too, there must be something there.

I know M$ has to be really protective of this stuff, so they don't start having people use it to get achievements WAY too fast; but I just want to get my own stuff back. I already went through two months of hell, just to get my downloads back, and I swear that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing over at M$, such a pain.

Once I get this save thing all figured out, I'll be set. :D