1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving avi to dvd-r/ dvd-rw

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TNPete, Nov 7, 2004.

1. TNPete

TNPete Member

Hi, I'm using a HP 2.53 GHz Athlon, I have a 48x CD rom & a HP DVD writer/CD writer combo. How can I save .avi media into a dvd format, then saving to a dvd-r/dvd-rw, to view an average dvd player?

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

TNPete,

You can use NVE (NeroVisionExpress) to convert the files, set chapters, create a custom menu, and burn to DVD disc.

It comes with the Nero Ultra 6 suite and you can use it for free each and every month for the entire month.
    It must be reloaded each month until you decide to buy(which I highly recommend) :>)

BTW, does the TN stand for Tennessee?

3. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Youll need an authoring program such as TMPGEnc 3.0 To set your input (AVI), your desired output (MPEG 2/DVD)and finally burn to disc. I am unaware of any freeware authoring apps, but if you have nero with nero vision express youll be able to do it. @ Bigorange You must of clicked a millisecond before me.:)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  4. TNPete

TNPete Member

Bigorange,
    Thanks very much. The nero software made all the difference. I couldn't understand why recordnow, arcsoft, & divx pro couldn't assimulate that my cd-rw/dvd writer, was more than just a cd r writer. All this time, downloading clips & such, I couldn't view anywhere else but on the computer.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

TNpete, your most welcome, but I still didn't get an answer to MY question,LOL. Does the TN stand for tennessee, you see, that is where I hail from, thus the UT Vols gif ;>)

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

pollushon,

just noticed your edit, yep and I'm a really slow typist ;>)