1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saving dvd to HD and watching from HD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by minds, Mar 21, 2005.

1. minds

minds Member

I am trying to figure out how i can save a dvd movie onto my hard drive, and just click on the file so i can watch it from there.. any help is very appreciated. thank u in advance.

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Some software players can play .vob's, powerdvd is one I know of. Now most dvd's are 3-8 Gb's, so if you want to keep them on the HDD you should convert them. It takes a while but will save a bunch of space.
    If you rip the movie to an .iso you can use a virtual drive emulator like Deamon Tools or Alcohol to "mount" the image, in which case any dvd program should be able to play it.

3. evilwebs

evilwebs Member

You think it is possible to put the harddrive in your computer, transfer the files off the dvd/cd/game to the hdd then put it back in your PS2?? I'm going to try it this week I'll write the results.

4. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

@ evilweb

It's very possible to do what your thinking. The PS2 formats the drive in a way not recognisable by a pc's OS, you will need a program called Winhiip. Do a search and I'm sure you will find more than enough info on how to accomplish it if you having any problems.

B.T.W. Next time you should post this in the ps2 section.

5. evilwebs

evilwebs Member

I'll do PS2 next time, but since your still here (hopefully) what do you chose in WinHiip, I couldn't find an image on the disk and when I saved it as a dvd the ps2 said wrong disk.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005