1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving games directly to HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by raliqer, Nov 18, 2011.

1. raliqer

raliqer Member

I apologize if this has been answered before but I have not been able to find it. I am new to the 360 modding circle but am coming out of desperation. My disc drive is overheating my xbox if it runs for more than 20 minutes or so. As such I am looking to find a way to save the games directly to the hard drive without having to use the disc drive to copy them. The drive works and it can read to verify the disc so I am just looking for a way to install the games without having to run the drive for the 10-20 minutes it takes to install. I am preparing to flash my 360 tonight so any advice would be great.

2. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

All games can be installed to the hard drive and run from there.
    While on the game panel/tile, press "Y".
    An option to install/copy game to the HDD will be given.

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

You can't install the games without doing the standard disc install that eebeejay mentioned (I don't think he actually read your post though, lol).

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

besides a disc drive has nothing to do with your xbox over heating. It's a known issue. Either reflow it or junk it

5. raliqer

raliqer Member

Actually it is the disc drive. Don't know why. I've rebuilt it and tested it. It runs fine so long as the disc drive isn't in constant use. I can play games that have been installed or arcade games all day long without any problems. If I run a game (disc)then it over heats in about 15 minutes.

6. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

OK, you got me...................... I misread the following part:

7. wileycb

wileycb Regular member

Sounds like you may have a power issue not a temp issue. Drives generally don't generate enough heat to cause this problem. There has to be a bigger problem somewhere. What production year is your 360?

8. raliqer

raliqer Member

Can't rightly say what production year. It was an original, then it red ringed, sent it in to Microsoft and got a refurb in return. The best I can assume it is about 4-6 years.