1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving games to a hard drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mackaveli, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mackaveli

mackaveli Member

I was looking into getting a hard drive to 'backup' my PS2 games. Just out of curiousity, what is the average size (in terms of GB) of a video game?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I'd say it's about 2.5-3gb on average. but, there's been dvd games that were barely bigger than a cd and there's games that are a full dvd.

3. mackaveli

mackaveli Member

Does anybody know if Cicero and Maxtor are the same? I've heard that the Maxtor brand is superior for this stuff and I've found a website that advertises for the Cicero Maxtor, but when you click on the picture to see the box ... there is no Maxtor in the title! Is this a knockoff? Do you guys think that this would work? Are there any specifications that I should look for?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I'm not sure about that particular label, however, Maxtor has been known to manufacture private label HDD's for other companies. CompUSA brand HDDs are actually Maxtor's.

5. bas00069

bas00069 Guest

well as far as i know (work in a computer repair shop) is that maxtor harddrives are alway's labled on the box somewhere but i would recomend a seagate drive it is what i am using in my ps2 and it works great