1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving media to the console

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Stbn, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Stbn

Stbn Member

Hi guys, Im new here. I just bought the console and I have used my lap (pc) with the xbox but I want to save some videos and music TO the xbox and not just stream them from the pc. How do I do that? It doesntt give me the option to save it to the xbox. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

2. Stbn

Stbn Member

can anybody help here?

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you cant save it, you have to stream it... or get xsata or xport or something like that and then you can plug your 360 hard drive into your computer and access all the files, if you do that then im guessing you can easily just find the folder that movies store to and drag and drop them, but you know if you put them on the hard drive they have to be in .wmv file or they wont play.

4. Stbn

Stbn Member

So getting xsata means I have to modify the console? Cuz I dont wanna do that. I heard xbox live updates may turn you console into a $400 paperweight. =P

thanks for the info.

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no you just put it under your hard drive and plug it into your computer and it will allow your computer to read it and it will be just like having the hard drive hooked to your computer

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

Yeah; as long as you aren't putting funky or questionable content on your drive, like homebrew mods, levels, etc; you should be fine. This requires no modification to your console whatsoever.

A lot of people love it, I'm personally looking into using it to transfer a large quanitity of my music for convenience purposes...

7. Stbn

Stbn Member

ok, then this is exactly what I was looking for guys, thanks. Also, I looked for the xsata and xport but I cant seem to find a downloadable file.

You guys got a link?

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

Um... it's a part. It connects your drive to your computer.

9. Stbn

Stbn Member

Ok ok my bad, that's why I said I was new at this, thank you both for your patience... I thought it was just software. Thats why I thought I had to modify my xbox because when I looked for it I saw it was hardware.

My bad. I'll try to get the xsata then.

thanks again.