1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving Menu Template in NeroVision

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TZoo, Oct 5, 2004.

1. TZoo

TZoo Member

I created a menu template in NeroVision and saved it using the save button. It appears in the dropdown list while I am still working on the same project, but after I close Nero, it is not there where I create a new project. Do I have to save the project in order to save the template? I don't normally save projects once they are burned.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

What version of NeroVision do you have?

I tested this with NeroVision Exrpess 2.1.2.21 and even after I shut down and reboot, the saved Menu Template I create is there. In fact, it defaults to the menu template I created.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. TZoo

TZoo Member

I'm using 2.1.2.21 also. Actually, the menu template seems to have worked itself out, but I could have sworn it didn't save the template until I saved the project as a .nvc file.

However, I have another menu issue. I burn 2 files, and I use a side-by-side menu template. In Preview, the menu looks fine; when I move the mouse over one button or the other, it gets "greyed out" to show that it is the selection, when I double click one button or the other to select it, the correct file plays in the preview window. However, after I burn the DVD, when I put it in my home player, out of 4 dics burned, only 1 correctly allowed me to "navigate" back and forth between the 2 menu buttons. On the other 3, there is no way to select one button or the other.

Did I skip a step somewhere? Of the 4 disks, on the one that works correctly I used .vob files that had been transcoded first by WinAVI, and then re-transcoded by Nero. On the 3 that didn't work correctly, I used .avi files transcoded only by Nero. I'm scratching my head on this one. I'm still getting the hang of Nero a little bit, but it's working well so far.

Thanks Craig.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

On the DVD's you are not able to navigate, you can use the numbered buttons. Meaning 1, 2, 3, etc to select the menus.

I've seen this on some DVD Players using our software and others such as Uleads Movie Factor, and usually it's resolved by using different media or a slower write speed.

Do you have another DVD Player to test and see if this occurs on other DVD Players?

And I assume on your computer you have no trouble navigating the menus using our Nero ShowTime, Windows Media Player, or PowerDVD type player software?

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

5. TZoo

TZoo Member

Absolutely correct. I could select between the programs by using the number keypad on the remote for my home player. The menu works correctly in Nero ShowTime and Windows Media Player. Maybe it's the write speed (I don't really want to slow that down though), or maybe it's the player. Remember, one of the DVD menus works ok in the home player.

I only have one DVD player, a CyberHome cheapie. I've been using KHypermedia blanks.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004