1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving mp3s in the Nero WAV Editor

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by pjcarr, Mar 31, 2007.

1. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

I was wondering if there was a more convenient way to save mp3s after they've been edited in the Nero WAV Editor. Usually I have to select "Save As" and then "mp3" and then "Enable mp3Pro" and finally choose the bit rate to match the original so I don't lose any quality. If I just do the regular "Save" it defaults to a 80kbps/22kHz mp3. Is there a way to set the regular "Save" so that it saves mp3s with their original bit rate or a desired setting that I choose?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

To try changing the save defaults, go to options-Audio format Settings. Look under the Encoders tab at mp3/mp3Pro, hightlight and then select "configure". Maybe it will stay.

I seem to have some type of glitch because I will, on occassion, see a different set of bitrate options for mp3PRO, no higher than 96kbits. Other times, I see as high as 320kbits. It may be related to whether the "Enable mp3Pro" box is checked, but not always.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  3. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

Where would I find Options-Audio Settings?

I'm using Nero 5.5.10.56

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007