1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving SNES roms

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Sanjik, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Sanjik

Sanjik Member

Hey guys, I tried a search on this with no luck:

I have the wiiconfig bootdisk for the wiikey. As you all may know it has an snes emulator and I also got some roms on there.

Whenever I play a game though (for example super mario) and i get to a save point i save but if i turn the wii off and on its not saved anymore. Anyone know of a manual for the config disc (i tried the readme to no avail) of how to keep things saved or possibly save them somewhere else so the data is still there next time you play?

thank you

2. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

As far as I'm aware, there's somewhat of a "save game state" option on the lower half of the SNES Wiikey Emulator. I also know that you'd need the SD Gecko (which is the same thing as a gamecube memory card but can hold an SD card in it - used to backup games mainly) that you can order off of eBay and save it to either Slot A or Slot B on top of the Wii.

it MAY or MAYNOT require an SD Gecko. It may just require a Gamecube memory cartridge I don't have the screen in front of me to look at.

3. Sanjik

Sanjik Member

hmm, ill look around some more. We should have a gamecube memory card at least

4. Sanjik

Sanjik Member

Ok im still having problems finding out how to save state, i know with a regular snes rom on the computer you can just press escape and from the top menu save state, but how would you do that from the controller while playing on the wii?