1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saving

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by chaggy, Feb 3, 2007.

1. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi All
    Im just about to try and flash a new image to my sagem dbox2 because all my uk tv channels are freezing but strangly all the + 1hr are ok.Just wondered if someone could tell me if is possible to save the current image and settings so I can revert back if new image dosn't work and if so how.

Thanks Charlie.

2. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi there
    Is there anyone that can help.

Charlie.

3. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Yes you can backup your current image from the services menu, choose IMAGE UPDATE/IMAGE BACKUP, flash without bootloader and it will be saved to the TEMP folder on the Dbox, just FTP it to your PC.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  4. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    Just looked for the Image update/Image backup and it don't seem to be there.The image is Newmake version 2 Pacino and dos'nt seem to have that section.

Charlie.

5. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Never tried that image, the one I use is Commando 6 and it's easy to save the image. I'll try & find that one & give it a go.

Ok, tried it and it's easy, go to SERVICE menu/ SOFTWARE UPDATE/ EXPERT FUNCTIONS/ READ ONE PARTITION/ FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER. This will save the image to TEMP folder.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

What a load of crap that Pacino image is! Too slow, freezing, rebooting!! Binned it and went back to good old Commando 6.

7. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    I have to say that friends of mine have used the pacino image without any problems but I dotake your point because I have just flashed the new sporster 1.8 and i agree it iseems much more responsive than the pacino image.The problem is that the reason I changed was because of the uk tv channels freezing but strangly not the uk tv +1 channels but unfortunatly it is still happening with the new image.Have you any idea what the problem might be,maybe it's just a setting or two that needs changing if not then maybe I should consider using the commando 6 x1 image.Look forward to your reply and thanks again for your help.

Charlie.

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Don't know what else to advise as all suggestions for possible cure have been offered (signal level, modem, ucodes, image,slack connections) It might be the box that is faulty, have you tried it on a friends cable?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  9. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

dont use 1x image, that will give you the kein system. Your box will only ever take 2x images. have you changed the cams? Go to this site mate http://netwave.redirectme.net/RED-DWARF/ fand download the new sportster image. Then goto http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb and register and download "all service files" look for your area in that file and upload it to the box. Only other thing i can really think of that you aint tried

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007